Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Martian5

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Martian5

  1. NOPE!!!@!!!!!!!!!
  2. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Great job ICH and to think it only gets better, way to move along!!!!
  4. I too was never a great fan but I did like "In The Ghetto", don't know just struck a chord with me!!
  5. Opah you have hit the two month mark -- and with several challenges thrown in there-- I salute your style, you are doing great. Congrats and make sure you take time to celebrate you truly deserve it!!!!
  6. Congrats on the 3 year mark Boo, you are always there keeping it real and adding the humor as it moves forward!!!
  7. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Jayhawk -- great job on the 8 month mark, you are moving along now. Keep it going and make sure you take time to celebrate today!!!!
  11. Happy Birthday to you ICH, and really celebrate today since you are also smoke free!!!!!
  12. On point Abby, on point. Stress is there and will always be there but it is not an excuse for smoking -- that will only make things worse. For the last two months I have gone thru some very stressful times from a death in the family, health issues, and housing issues (as well as some very strange family issues) and let me tell you I almost used the stress from all that to pick up a smoke again. With grace I realized that smoking would not solve the stress -- not even make it feel a little bit better, so after a little more than a year quit I think I realized that even though I have to remain vigilant I believe I now have the upper hand in this quitting thing. During the quit process we have to remember that curve balls are going to thrown at us!!!!
  13. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. I think that most smokers figure out at some time that cigarettes are in fact compromising their quality of life and in fact may even die due to smoking. That is when the fear might set in -- fear of no longer having a "lifelong friend" or dying to a enemy that they themselves have created (kind of a fear of their own stupidity). These are thoughts that do not come up when we begin smoking but at some point this idea slaps us in the face, then we have to face what indeed is comfortable to us -- for me it was quitting!!!!
  15. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Really I remember my life pretty well before smoking -- school, sports, running around with friends and going thru the high school life and all that came with that. I did not start smoking until I went into the Army, smoking was part of the Army life then and it was so cheap to buy cigs. Even got free cigs then with the c-rations at that time, so sad!!!
  17. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. 2 months abby, you are going strong now -- keep it going as it only gets better. Remember to take time to celebrate today, you deserve it!!!!
  21. Albert -- 11 months to go, just outstanding. 1 month to go for that 1 year mark and on to the Lido deck next-- see you there and make sure you celebrate today!!!!!
  22. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  23. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  24. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  25. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.