Everything posted by Still winning
-
I'm starting to understand
Agreed, vent away my lovely. Sending strength and hugs. xx
-
Quitting for good!
Delighted to see this great choice. The wisdom if you want it, is you now do anything you like, within reason, except put something in your mouth and set fire to it. This gives you a whole lot of options on things you can do :) It also brings a bit of the how crazy is it to smoke, to put chemicals and a drug in some paper and inhale it into your body after setting it on fire, really near your face!! It's a wonderful thing you are doing for your future and the future of everyone who does or will know you. Read up on the addiction. Get some distractions ready, sometimes the best way is to go do something so you think of something else and the thought of smoking fizzles away. Don't be scared is my other tip. A thought is simply a thought...give it 5 mins and you can be thinking of something totally different and that's a fact. Those thoughts really won't hurt or harm you, just some mental discomfort but smoking really truly can do serious damage. Great to welcome you. xx
-
Can We Have A Curse It Thread(With warnings) As sometimes I Just Wanna FFFFFFFFFFFF
what the actual fcuk in the wide world of fcuks I had an ex fcuk buddy who felt renewed aquaintance may work. Ewww, old now (both of us actually lol), no thanks. Got my shit together. Mr smarti has up'ped his game considerably, life is happy. Now the ex twatface is trying to play a pity party. Some men are proper twunts. What a knobhead. Meh.
-
Smarti and Buddybook
How did he suddenly become my problem? My own Mr Smarti may have issues with the spares? Mrs Bakon is a hottie! Mr Bakon and Mr Smarti are lucky barstewards, yes indeedy :)
-
I'm starting to understand
Hey Bonnie, I am so sorry for what you and your daughter are going through. Are you getting answers on her condition. I understand that fear takes you captive when it's your children and their wellbeing. You know of course that this is simply thought association but lets break it down for a moment. Previously as a smoker and when you were stressed (the stress being activated would literally suck the nicotine from your entire bloodstream leaving you desperate for a fix) you would smoke (the nicotine levels went back up), actually you would often chain smoke (because ALL the nicotine had gone and you needed more than one cig to replace it). It won't relax you now hun because you are not in need of replacing nicotine. Yes, it would give you something to do - but that would remove you from your child, create additional stresses as you fought or embraced cravings and tbh Bonnie, set a shitty example to your daughter. I say the last bit as a very guilty mum so please take that in the spirit it's meant. Sending love and strength for a workable solution and calmer times for you and your beautiful girl. Much love. xx
-
Nothing Exploded
Don't we all start to think the same thing of how great it would be to have done this sooner. I'm pretty excited for you for when those edges start to iron out! You are doing amazingly well :) x
-
Friday 5 June NOPE
nope. x
-
Favorite Things to Relax
Music, I had quit songs. A mantra. Something quick but personal. Along with the NOPE from here I used "for Milly and I" which just reminded me that it wasn't just me I was quitting for. Dancing like a loon, just jumping about ( I feel like exercise should have been here but I was lazy at that point lol). Deep breaths. I also did a lot of self healing and practiced being kind to myself which is pretty much the same. Scented stuff and lots of it, long showers, long walks, days out etc. Quoted poetry to distract myself, Invictus is my favourite. Sex, not in a smutty way but in a I didn't associate it with smoking so it was a good distraction. It is not romantic to say I need distracting, apparently it's one of those things you can think but not say out loud.
-
Birthday Beach
Excited for you and Mary! Make sure you find sometime to treat yourself kindly too though. xx
-
im doung my own head iiiinnn
Maybe do a part and part? Only because I really think "seeing" a result of the quit (ie, I bought a charm, a rug, someone bought a phone etc) can bring something powerful and quick to dismiss a trigger/thought. I honestly have looked at my pandora charm which I wear all the time and thought nah, don't wanna lose the money for nice things again and then trolled along with my day. It killed a moment stone dead and the rug has done the same, it was a day I was really struggling and so I went and bought myself a treat. There's something in the treat yourself thing I think. x
-
Damn Cigs
That MD had it right unfortunately. I wish we had of realized sooner but better late than never. Sorry about your mums situations Jess. Sending strength for you and your family. xx
-
im doung my own head iiiinnn
Morning Laura, First day of a new life! Well actually you already have a head start at a new life after drowning the cigs last night. This is going to be an amazing new life for you. Believe in it and go forward with it. x
-
im doung my own head iiiinnn
You know what I did when I was really upset and didn't want to smoke. I cried Laura. I cried because I realized smoking wouldn't fix a damn thing but I still wanted to smoke and for the love of all that was good I really wanted something, anything to help me.... Therein lies the clue my friend. Smoking was never that thing. It didn't solve my problem that night and nor will it resove things between your son and hopefully daughter in law or not, depending on what fate has in mind. All that actually happened was my addicted part of my brain started to cling onto reasons to stop being the non smoker that I had chosen to be. I had to enter into a battle of wills, with myself (pretty odd) a ton of times but every win made the next battle less difficult. Bloody fight for it woman! So we don't get the easy peasy quit, and what? It's not our path to have it but a hard fought for quit can bring a ton of benefits that you're not even considering for now. Have you read my blog from today actually, written this morning. Life is so much better on this side of the quit. All you need to do is decide and hang on. Please don't think for one minute I'm judging. Jeez I was quitting for 14 odd years! Mostly hiding from quitting in that time if I'm honest. And I hear how many times you've done this and think blooming heck, you're actually stronger than me, I don't know if I could have kept trying that regularly!! That's the honest truth, my run away was firmly ingrained so I believe in you more than me almost! The quit isn't lost, it merely lost direction and YOU put yourself back in the saddle and became accountable. The trick here my love is to learn the lessons so that next time you fight and not throw yourself over the edge. That abyss will kill ya chick!! No excuses, no recriminations, no next week I'm off...let's "get 'er done" now Laura so you can move on with your life the way you want to. All those patients you can help more if you have a clearer head not dying for a fix! You're all good. Onwards and upwards! x
-
Roller Derby
My gods, you broke bones on night one...and want to try again??? I have no idea what a roller derby is but it doesn't sound like a fabbo plan from the shires of England young lady. Safer passtimes required! x
-
im doung my own head iiiinnn
Ok, well that sounds like a shitty convo that smoking did nothing for. The rest are drowned, non smoking Laura recommence. Now, did you at least take away from this that smoking did nothing to affect the cause or the outcome of the argument?? Because I feel like you could gain some valuable insight in a way. Sorry about that convo though, sounds tough. x
-
im doung my own head iiiinnn
Hey Laura, got your plans in place for this evening? Anymore treats planned? How are you today? x
-
New life 14 months "ish"
I love to write, it is one of my passions and sometimes, it get's the mental neurons firing and course correcting. That's why there is power on these boards because as we help someone else up, or write down a ton of confusing feelings, or acknowledge that today is hard but yesterday was good, we start to straighten out our thought processes. Because some of you know but others don't, my life was somewhat complicated 14/15 months ago when I quit smoking. I had many pressures and few answers and the folk here helped me to quit but also to analyse what was working and what was not. I will be eternally greatful that in hindsight, there were no judgements....of quit techniques which were fairly sketchy or of personality types. This site and the people on it, accepted me for what I was and it meant I kept my quit, for them, when I didn't feel strong enough that moment. A lot is spoken of people who are slightly different and it feels like the world salutes that, apart from if your different is spiritual. Then the world gurns at you and stands back to make sure you are safe! Well I got none of that here and this sensation of being free...combined with safe brought me out of myself. I quit, of course, but I also grew. I will stop here to thank you for the inner strength I gained through calling you my friends. If you knew how safe I had played my past you would know who I have become is in no small part a revelation. This is not exclusive to me however. You guys and I will support everyone who comes through. Some support is gentle, some is really real, a couple are bordering on crazy but the heart of here is amazing. We all have the same end goal, grow and quit. I move forward in a new way of being and with new values. And I attribute no small part of that to my quit and having to grow into who I was supposed to be as I often feel we hide behind smoking. But also seeing people here every day, grow into who they were meant to be. It has given me strength to take this journey in tandem with others. I don't think we just quit smoking, I think we embrace a new way to be, or in actuality, who we were always supposed to be. I think there is strength in the quit from hour 1 to whatever number will be. So in case you wondered. My life is AMAZING and I attribute that to the support I got here as much as quitting smoking. This may make no sense to you but I felt like I should write somewhere that I am finally happy. I wake in the morning and smile. I go to sleep and smile. I sat saying to my Chris the other day, I feel as if I am free to be myself and I am honestly so happy I might burst. So for anyone who wondered how my story ended...it has just begun :) Ok I was always going to go deeper then the average bod would - but quitting can be a transformational life tool. Much love QT'ers. xx
- 4th June
-
This may sound rude
I don't think that's rude at all. Living with anyone with an unpredictable nature is exceptionally hard work! Enjoy your freedom now and do not let him back for all the tea in China. Peace at last. x
-
New Here
Day 2 is awesome, well done!! Make sure you are taking your sips of fruit juice if you want to keep the tired grumpy feeling of moving blood sugars under control. It can actually feel similar to a crave so getting rid of some of those is a good thing :) Do audit's usually take so long? It seems to be ages!
-
im doung my own head iiiinnn
NOPE can save your life, quite literally! Enjoy your treats and you pizza. Good on ya for joining a gym, brilliant motivator :) Almost done sweets, tomora is another day! x
-
Colleen (aka Ginger) has two years smoke free!!
Massive congrats!! You inspired me early doors and still do today. Thank you for leading the way for so many of us. xx
- New Here
-
im doung my own head iiiinnn
Yes you will get through Laura. No more excuses, no more reasons. You will get through because you want to be a non smoker...and the way to that is through these thoughts. You will get busy and sometimes you will distract and at other times you will stare those triggers down so they carry less weight next time. We will do it with you, so leave next week alone and do today! How was last night? Did you finish the loft? How is today? Focus on what you can do something about. xx
-
Hello my friends, an update from me..!
OMG Ross I keep crying for you and Tasha... Such beautiful news my friend, you guys will be utterly amazing parents and children are such a gift! I can't wait to hear the stories of him or her :) I am sorry about your Bobby. I know you guys will enjoy your time while it lasts. Our furbabies are a part of us so I'm sorry it is making you guys sad. Love to all. x Wonderful to hear from you again, I was worried you had dissapeared and we'd never hear from you.