Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PorkandPancakes

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PorkandPancakes

  1. Congrats Stew! NOPE
  2. 1
  3. Congratulations Stewie (though your name is MrTitwank on my feed??) It doesn't take much to confuse me!!! Either way, a massive congratulations for reaching the Lido deck. It's truly a glorious, well earned, self esteem boosting achievement.
  4. -12
  5. Um yeah, so before I left there was this thing with Boo and his 'dancing sausage' and well, ya know....? Doreen got involved too and it got a little excitable. You know how these guys get sometimes.....! So now Boo gets the dancing sausage out on special occasions.... I can see how it may be awkward
  6. Argh! It's outrageous how happy the dancing sausage makes me!!
  7. Nice to meet you Reciprocity! I'm sure there's always room for another chick. Last time I was around, the chicks were regularly kicking the sticks butts. I'm sure that's still the case! I had to take a break from the forum because of how often I was on here (especially chicks and sticks!) I have no plans to smoke but certainly find you are never out of the woods. My current boss is 48, used to exercise every day and hadn't smoked for 20 years. He got a new girlfriend, took up smoking and quit exercising. He's not bothered by this at all. My crew partner at work is the ultimate 'social smoker'. He doesn't smoke at home and then comes to work and bums one from the boss and off they go outside to smoke. I sit there shaking my head because 18 months ago, neither of them smoked and I would be the smoking leper outside alone! And then at Christmas I found out my other half had been secret smoking THE WHOLE TIME since we 'quit' together. I had suspicions but he always denied it. Stupid boy. I would always have understood if he just admitted it. So that's pretty much my update. All around me have taken it up, returned to it or never stopped but still I am quit.
  8. It's your fault I picked this name. My original username wasn't satisfactory to you and you told me to pick food items....
  9. I missed you too bakon
  10. Hi. I haven't been around for a long while but spent the first 8 months of my quit close to this board. For craves, I would first acknowledge the craving saying to myself "oh, I am thinking of a cigarette. This is perfectly normal and to be expected. I am totally free to smoke if I so choose. I am not choosing to smoke. I choose to quit". I would then take a moment to feel the crave and tell myself "it doesn't actually hurt. I am feeling no pain. It is a slight discomfort and it will pass". And then you have to allow yourself to move on. Because quitting is a choice. Your choice. So own your quit and move on. (And if none of that works, punch a pillow as Doorbell says!)
  11. Aw, just popped by to wish Boo well and saw this! It's kinda lovely to think a small corner of the Internet had my back on my 1year anniversary. I'm still not smoking I hope you will all be pleased to know. It's been harder since Christmas for various stupid reasons, primarily because lots of people around me have started smoking but I'm still here. 1 day at a time. Ever cautious, only ever 1 puff away. Lovely to see so many old faces still here. X
  12. So I heard a rumour that Boo reached the Lido deck. I thought if this was true that he may show off the dancing sausage so I couldn't resist dropping by to congratulate him! Congratulations Boo!! (Now show me the sausage!!)
  13. Oh good lord! Well if I had know the sausages were here.......!!! I'm so sorry guys! Summer is so busy here and so fleeting before the kids are back at school and the sun has gone in again. I am still a happy non-smoker, still relishing my smoke free status. I am off away on holiday for most of August soon so I probably won't be about much until the kids go back to school in September but I am here in spirit and most importantly, no nicotine for me. Thank you for thinking of me and sending out the sausage signals. It took a while but it filtered through! Also, thank you Saz for reaching out to me I'm sorry I didn't answer but I did hero meaning to! Love you guys! X
  14. -19
  15. 5
  16. 4
  17. 4
  18. Zero
  19. 5
  20. 1
  21. Ohhhh
  22. Yeah, that's totally what I said, Boo. <snigger>
  23. -2
  24. Hey momo. Where did ya go?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.