Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PorkandPancakes

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PorkandPancakes

  1. Doreen, that's the problem. There really doesn't seem to be a 'better' choice. Today I'm leaning towards 'in' because I quite like Brussels and the European Courts having an input. I don't trust today's politicians to always make the final choices. I had an amazing training session around 'Human Rights' once which literally changed my views. I used to believe that 'prisoners shouldn't have the right to vote', We're too soft on people and that bloody ol human rights stuff was a bit much, you know? Then it was explained to me just why we have that bill of rights. (Sorry if I'm telling what people already know) so back before the Second World War, Germany was suffering an awful economic slump unlike anything we've know in modern day. They were downtrodden and morale incredibly low. And The persecution of Jews started slowly. They were treated with fear and hatred and mistrust. When Hitler came along, the recipe was perfect for his devious plan. The rest as they say is history. But what is this to do with the Human Rights Act? Well, the reason Hotler was able to 'cleanse' society was because the Jews and other persecuted had no protection. They had no legal rights. If you had told people 20 years before that they would be party to the torture, pillage and muster of a race of people, they wouldn't have believed it. The human rights are in place to stop it being possible to ever do that to a race or group again. In terms of giving prisoners the right to vote.... Well, the 'prisoners' of today, I couldn't give s hoot if they do or don't vote. But taking away the right relies on us always agreeing with who is in prison. What if it became illegal to be 'Muslim or Christan for that matter? Or any other political type bullshit? Maybe then we start seeing friends and family locked up. Maybe then we start to wonder why we took away voting rights. I'm not so eloquent that I can really explain but basically, answering to Brussels makes me feel safer. I like our nation answering to a greater power so nobody can get so power hungry again. At least that is the hope!
  2. -10 hey Saz! Yep, last morning today. Just getting ready to pack away....
  3. I'll throw in 4580.....
  4. 2
  5. 3
  6. -5
  7. Wow. If I could post pics I would upload the view from my window right now. It is grey, foggy, windy, raining in drizzle that kind of hangs in the air around you causing your hair to frizz wildly and your body to chill instantly. What I wouldn't give for a bit of heat. And tomorrow night I am meant to be camping for 3 nights!
  8. -3
  9. -5
  10. -1
  11. I was reading a post on another forum about someone going to the shop they used to buy cigs from and NOT having a trigger or crave for the first time. It got me thinking about my own quit and I still don't think I've been up to a counter to pay for anything without my brain at least flickering the word 'cigarettes' through my mind. I don't gaze at the products or spend any time on it but there is still the echo or memory. It got me wondering what your last persistent trigger is? And how long until mine goes I wonder. Do you think I will ever approach a till without thinking of the cigarettes I used to buy? Don't misunderstand, it isn't a yearn or crave but merely a distraction or passing thought as I approach. The brain triggering a memory. Strange though.
  12. -6
  13. -5
  14. -4
  15. Oh damn. Seems that Boo is back in the game. Aren't you busy Boo? -4
  16. -10
  17. -8
  18. -6
  19. -9
  20. -11
  21. I'm ironing in the middle of the night to push my clock round for night shifts, watching a movie and watching the hamster run in her wheel
  22. -6

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.