Not an S.O.S..........but..................

bjean

OK, this is really NOT an S.O.S....so I didn't put it there.  Saturday was definitely an S.O.S., but today is just frustrating.  MY BODY WANTS A CIGARETTE.  Notice I didn't say it NEEDS a cigarette.  I said it WANTS a cigarette.  I was reading some posts about how folks made it through their first months/weeks.  One person said that she stayed on here all day and all night.  Good.  Somebody else did too.  I haven't closed this all day.  I haven't posted, but I've read everything. I just want this to go away.  OK, so I haven't made it to a week yet so maybe I'm being impatient, but I want to FEEL like a nonsmoker.  When does that happen.  When will I stop automatically reaching for a pack?  When will the monster SHUT UP???????

1504056601_15_1_USD_6_pinksec.png

• Like 1

OK, this is really NOT and S.O.S....so I didn't put it there.  Saturday was definitely an S.O.S., but today is just frustrating.  MY BODY WANTS A CIGARETTE.  Notice I didn't say it NEEDS a cigarette.  I said it WANTS a cigarette.  I was reading some posts about how folks made it through their first months/weeks.  One person said that she stayed on here all day and all night.  Good.  Somebody else did too.  I haven't closed this all day.  I haven't posted, but I've read everything. I just want this to go away.  OK, so I haven't made it to a week yet so maybe I'm being impatient, but I want to FEEL like a nonsmoker.  When does that happen.  When will I stop automatically reaching for a pack?  When will the monster SHUT UP???????

1504056601_15_1_USD_6_pinksec.png

Unfortunately, quitting is a process, not an event.  It is truly a roller coaster.  One day you will feel pretty good and confident, and the next day the addiction will take you to your knees.  The thing to hold on to is that the good days keep coming more frequently, and the bad days will not kill you.  I promise you it is worth the effort!

• Like 3

Sounds like your head is on good. I think you got a good chance of staying quit. Been watching these window lickers come and go. Those who open up and post a lot succeed at a high rate. Keep reading and posting. NOPE

• Like 5

bjean

You already do feel like a non-smoker. You're voicing many of the difficulties we all had to undergo in the early part of our quits. The important thing to remember is that smoking is a killer and you have removed that option from your life.

You're doing great....and don't forget that. I'm really proud to see your first week is right around the corner!

I was here ..24/7...my sleep pattern was so messed up...that little monster has so much fun ,playing with my head..

I got myself a punching pillow...sent it flying across the room on many occasions...

It is all temporary...keep busy..jigsaws..crosswords...painting..anything to keep your mind occupied...

Don't forget your treats..rewarding yourself is very important..after all..what you are doing is amazing...

• Like 1

You need to think it and tell yourself I don't smoke therefore I am a no-smoker. Just keep reminding yourself and before you realize you just feel it!  A week passes another week passes. It will happen. 

• Like 1