stressful night.

kenzie_peyton

No you don't...quite right...

Smoking wouldn't change anything... You would still be stressed at work..plus lost your beautiful quit too..

Which would stress you out even more..trust me..

Folks who have never smoked have stressful days too..it's just life....stay strong..

• Like 5

Stressful situations will come and go, you have to learn to deal with them without a cigarrete. Trust me, a relapse will stress you even more and then you would have to start over. Stay strong darling.

• Like 5

What these people said before me Kenzie. Try to just take a moment away from the situation when you feel yourself tensing up from the stress and do a little deep breathing. That always helped me refocus and my stress level would be at least temporarily reduced.

It is tough dealing with whatever our life situations might be while we are in the early part of our quit but as others have said. We think smoking is reducing stress but all it's really doing is feeding the addiction. Your stress from work, relationships or whatever will still be there. Relapsing would make things a lot worse for you. You would be so disappointed in yourself. Stay strong and power through these early days. You're doing great - just stay the course my friend! It will be so worth it in the end. You'll see.

Reflect on how far you've come too. Protect that hard work you've done as if your life depended on it. You're closer each day to things getting less intense for you. It happens slowly but it does happen for everyone. Believe in that and stay strong :)

• Like 6

You're right, you don't

My trick was to look at my quit date... in your case, you have 10 days, remember how you felt on day one? I am sure that you wished you were 10 days out at that point. It would be ludicrous to throw that hard fought time away just to start over, right?

There is a saying that I always looked to when I was feeling weak in my quit. I had it copied all over the place to remind myself. Here it is:

"IF YOU HAVE JUST ONE CIGARETTE, YOU'LL BE BACK WHERE YOU STARTED. WHERE YOU STARTED WAS DESPERATELY WISHING YOU WERE WHERE YOU ARE TODAY"

• Like 5

Thanks all, once again. I hope I get to the point where I can help people the way you all help me. Day 10, I can do this.

You will get there Kenzie and paying it forward to others will strengthen your own quit as well :)

• Like 3