I can play tennis...kinda!

JimHannoonen

I suffered a pretty gnarly injury to my foot last Wednesday playing tennis (partial tear of the plantar fascia) and was told I was pretty much screwed for the next 3-4 months.

There's no doubt I won't be playing tennis for a while. I can't run or push off with the ball of my foot, but the good news (and I got this from the Dr yesterday) is that I can ditch my crutches and start stretching and rehabbing my foot.

So of course, I head out to the tennis court last night with my hopper and 60 balls and work on my serve for an hour and a half and it went really well. I just have to be careful to stay flat footed.

So while I can't actually "play" tennis, I can at least spend the next couple months working on my serve, which will undoubtedly be amazing by the time I am able to play.

Sorry, for the rambling, I'm just super excited. :)

• Like 3

That's awesome!   My only experience with tennis is hitting the ball back and forth and counting up how long we last..lol.

I have a history of knee injuries and I am so afraid to try tennis...zumba is out too

We do have pickleball around here...I was thinking about trying it.  Smaller court..less running around and chance of injury.  People of all ages play and it seems fun

Whatever your sport/hobby...always great to have a passion though.  Glad you are back in the game...almost

I'm just curious, what part of the foot is this injury (partial tear of the plantar fascia)? I haven't heard that term before.You said you need to remain flat footed while you're on your feet so is it somewhere along the bottom of your foot?? I could google it but I'm pretty lazy that way.

• Like 1