Why Not Join Us?

Reciprocity

When I look through all the registered members here, I see so many members who have signed on, created a profile, even adding an avatar to their profile but then, not one post. Nothing at all after registration.

Clearly anyone that signs on to a forum like this must be a smoker; thinking about, planning to, wanting to, quit. So why not join us here in some conversation about what is such a daunting challenge - OMG, quitting smoking? I'm interested, I'm curious but me? Oh no, I could never actually do it. I'm not strong enough. I like smoking and I've heard it's way to hard to give it up.

Let me tell you, all of us here ARE you. Or, at least we WERE YOU at one time. We are now non-smokers. We are still nicotine addicts but we now choose not to feed our addiction any longer and we couldn't be happier about it!

WE have decided to take control of our life back.

WE have decided to stop all the harmful affects to our personal health that smoking causes.

WE have decided to start smelling better and, being able to smell and taste food again.

WE have decided to enjoy our social interactions again without needing to slither away to have a smoke somewhere while our friends and family enjoy themselves without us.

WE are now once again proud of ourselves because we have taken that one first step to improve our lives for ourselves and for our loved ones.

So, if you are lurking out there and reading our stories, why not join us? Why not give quitting a try. One of the things all of us here have found to be a pleasant surprise is the unconditional support we find here by interacting with other members who themselves are going through the quit process. It DOES make a huge difference to making your quit successful. You won't realize this benefit until you decide to jump in and join us.

Don't deny yourself any longer. Do it NOW! Post up here. Ask us any questions you like. You don't have to be already quit to join us. Just do it. Do it for the future YOU really want!

• Like 5

Good post pig lover. 

When comes to quitting smoking, all ammunition is welcome. You wouldnt believe how useful it is to use an internet board to share the ride.

We´re a fun bunch dont be afraid...

• Like 2

You heard the man...what are you waiting for?

Free yourself from a deadly addiction.  Start a process that will improve every facet of your life.  Join a group of people that will support you and cheer you on.   And...have a good time along the way

Jump in, the water's fine.

• Like 2

Love this post R!!!

This has always saddened me too...how to get it over to folk ,that quitting is not as hard as you think it is..

Being a part of a non smoking forum,is such a major tool..

Those who are active here..post daily..join in ..they are the ones that succeed...

I did exactly that..and they could be free too...

If people go to all the trouble of finding us,becoming a member...they want to quit...I want them to quit too..

• Like 1

I too wonder where all the mysterious people are.....why go through the whole effort of adding a profile and then never posting.

I think when I first signed on I had allot of trouble navigating but figured out enough to get around and wanted to be on board enough that played around until I could figure it out. 

• Like 2