Tools and Options To Beat Craves

Abby

These are a few of the things that helped with my quit.  Perhaps something may connect as a useful tool  or option for someone else .  Please add yours . The more the merrier .  The more tools and options we have the better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

1) Hot Cinnamon tea  ( cinnamon anything ! ) really seemed to cut down cravings . 

2) Ginger tea helped with gastro issues, as well as walking .

3) Lol now don't laugh but one thing that helped when my worst craves hit ,; I mean the "I'm going to get a pack " or when I was  romancing was to go was to soak my head in cold cold water . It always brought me back to reality , and would not go out with wet hair lol ... by that time the thoughts would pass .  Seriously try it lol .

4) I got gerd symptoms after quitting . ( key was not to eat or munch on foods late at night ) which many will tend to do when we quit and walking after meals .  Raising the head of the bed will help as well . ( Everything seemed to level out and adjust after some time into my quit had passed . ) 

5) A ping-pong ball ...yup a simple ping-pong ball helped me . Redirected my thoughts. WARNING!  Not for use against partners if your angry  unless you have the table and bats to go with it and  can play a game of ping pong out to win :)

6) My better option was to going to the zoo when I had quit depression . You will not be sad there. If you have one in your area go visit take your spouse , your niece , your grandchild, or just go alone :)

7) I also found going to the greenhouse surrounded with beautiful flowers to be helpful . I left  purchasing a plant to grow along with my quit .  I highly recommend doing that . Its a reminder if we nurture our quit , take care of it , it  too will grow into something beautiful  .   Sherri L. 

• Like 3

I had my punch pillow...I draw a face with cig in mouth..I punched hell out of it...

Angry at myself..angry at the greedy tobacco companies..I took big pleasure watching it fly across the room...

Then there was my iPod..all my fav music...in my ears most of the time...delighted I could dance around for the first time in a while...

Allen Carr...on my I pod...when I got junkie thoughts..a big dose of reality...

Having my grown up kids...telling me how proud they are..and still give me that pat on the back...

• Like 3

If you link that thread does it fall at the back of the line. I would like it kept here so it is more current . Perhaps new people looking in would also like to share  in this thread as well. Willthis stay on as is with linking up to the other? . I know I never looked at those pinned posts when I came here and probably still won't . I prefer daily threads . Thanks 

Nothing changed position.   I just posted a link here to the pinned thread and posted a link on the pinned thread to this thread since it is the same sort of information.  

More choice is always good.

edited to add:

Sherri L., on 13 Sept 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

" I know I never looked at those pinned posts when I came here and probably still won't"

Oh, you really should !   There are many really informative pinned threads containing a wide variety of responses and they are a big part of who we are as a community.

Edited by Sazerac