Huge cravings

Evelyn

My medsmeds are all in place. They make me hungry which increases my mental craving for a cigarette

This is torture.

PLEASE tell me it will pass. How can I distinct them. I know I wanna smoke cZ I feel shit. Don't sshuff me aside like I'm so experienced Caz right now I need all your support

I hate it here

I want to be busy. THEY are all busy keeping their addiction on.

I just wanna cry. ******* smokers

And I did an SOS to make sure I don't let myself deceive by the smokers pack on the clinic lol.

I'm still not fully stabile do I'm proud how I manage. Either post one time to much then one too viea

• Like 1

But STOP overthinking this.

Simply STOP giving those thoughts power.

Interrupt them with a firm "Smoking isn't an option. Ever"

And gear your brain to other things.....more productive things.

Like cleaning out the fridge. Or getting some fresh air. Or learning a new hobby.

EV....keep busy....play chicks and sticks...we have alot of games here to keep you occupied...

You know smoking won't do anything... It stinks....you will stink...

Your a non smoker....a beautiful non smoker...a strong non smoker....

• Like 2

I went to the smokers balcony. And the penny dropped... They even admitted it: they smoke and because they're addicted. Not because they LIKE it.

It smelled.. They're jealous at me. and I'm just fackinv hungry so I ate a sandwich

Problem solved

• Like 3

Aside from eating when I'm hungry... What I've been finding helps is counting deep breaths. 10 deep breaths at a time. I've spent half an hour to an hour just closing my eyes and counting my breaths. I don't know why it works for me, but maybe it'll help you too.

• Like 1

Evelyn, as I am a smoker just in the beginnings of quitting as you are, perhaps I can give you some perspective from where you just came from. I gave myself a quit date of today and decided to get involved with this forum. This afternoon, I decided that I could just do it tomorrow and went and bought another pack. Big mistake! I feel even worse now that I have caved. It was hard to delete the QT ticker I had just created hours ago so proudly. Now I'm just going to have to experience the withdrawal symptoms all over again tomorrow. Great. In other words, just keep going and get past it! Know that the baseline you have now for feeling good, which has required heavy cigarette maintenance, will be replaced by another baseline for feeling good. I will be joining you shortly, as the pack is already almost gone. In my nicotine-infused state, I hope you can appreciate that I feel no better than you do, just in a different way. It is a never-ending cycle until you just break it. Tomorrow I am going to feel like absolute hell again, and I'm not looking forward to it. I will be relying on this community heavily in the coming months, and we all support you, Evelyn. Keep on with it. Don't start over. You're going to feel better. Way better!

• Like 4