Childrens books

Kendra

Hello Folks,

Please sound off on your favorite books as a child and your children's (if you're a parent) favorites, too.   Top 3 please.  I am building a library and seeking to share joy & a love of stories.  Particularly looking for young children books

I'll go first.

as a child:

nancy drew books, the little princess, Grim's?m fairy tales - Rose Red in particular   

as an adult my children's book favs are:

The Big Orange Splot by D. Pinkwater, really anything by Pinkwater

anything by Robert Munsch, especially, I'll Love You Forever

When Sophie Get Angry,   Really, Really Angry   - can't recall author right now.

Thanks in advance to those who respond.   

Enjoy your smoke free life today.

For early reading chapter books - 

- I loved The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids - 1st in the series being Vampires don't wear polka dots

The Phantom Tollbooth

From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler

For the younger picture book - 

- Clifford the Big Red Dog series

Harold and the Purple Crayon

The Mitten - For some reason this is like my favorite picture book ever!

How young?

My 6 year olds favourite is The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's Child - shhh but I kinda love reading these too :)

My 10 year old favours Harry Potter.

Going back for my older daughter.. Age 7 we did Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and loads of other Roahl Dahl books but for sure that one is the best. Age 8 she loved The Worst Witch and the Horrid Henry books, Henry books are early readers and quite funny actually. Age 9 we discovered an author called jacqueline Wilson and she's quite a girlie author.

Would suggest avoiding the phonics learning to read books like the plague....watching paint dry is more enjoyable!

As a child I liked Worst Witch too and all the lord of the rings books.

I applaud your commitment to books :)  I love them and it's never too early to pass on the passion. Nothing teaches children like reading, their vocabulary gets better both written and spoken and their imagination is encouraged. So I love this post and will be watching for anything I may have missed for my girls. xx

My all time favorite is.... Oh The Places You'll Go...  (stay tuned for pictures of me in Thing costume at my daughter's class reading the book to them for Dr. Suess' birthday)

I loved the Sweet Valley High and Sweet Valley Twins when I was growing up.

My son loves the fanfiction Minecraft novels, Captain Underpants, Harry Potter, Bad Kitty etc.

My daughter loves Pete the cat, Clarke the shark, Dr. Suess, etc.

• Like 1