Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Have You Checked Your Ticker Recently?

Featured Replies

If you have one of course.

 

I haven't seen my in ages, my goodness I noticed it and it said 27,514 cigs not smoked, 27,514! I mean really! I couldn't imagine smoking one let alone that amount, dear gawd imagine how many I have smoked in my previous life, best not actually.

 

Then I've seen I have not spent over £9,614 on them (thank goodness!) Beggars belief, now at least, that I would even contemplate parting with that amount of cash, on Shiite. I don't need my ticker as I don't give smoking a second thought but I'm going to keep it, just to see what I would have wasted had I not got my head out of my backside, and stopped.

 

Check yours...if you haven't already.

Ridiculous isn't it. I have stop thinking about the money I have wasted, but it do like to look at my ticker every so often because at least those stats are in my favour.

Ticker?

 

It ain't important.

 

Just keep on keepin' on.

 

 

 

Easy Peasy

  • Author

Ticker?

It ain't important.

Just keep on keepin' on.

Easy Peasy

I agree, not important, but a thrill non the less to see.

 

Mine has gone on trips to Tenerife, money very well spent.

  • Author

6.5K...proper scary!

Just shows you doesn't it? Yet we knew they weren't free...but kept handing over the money for all them years. What fools...but fools no more..wink.

Ticker?

 

It ain't important.

 

Just keep on keepin' on.

 

 

 

Easy Peasy

 

 

I agree, not important, but a thrill non the less to see.

 

Mine is d*mn important to me. It says I'm hours away from having a year clean from a 35+ year addiction.  SUPER important to me.

  • Author

That's brilliant, only hours away!

 

Mine was important to me too, in my first year so I understand what you mean. I just meant it wasn't my motivator now, so isn't important to me anymore...but will be checking till it gets to the £10.000 mark...self treat time.

Mine is d*mn important to me. It says I'm hours away from having a year clean from a 35+ year addiction.  SUPER important to me.

 

 

The year? Very important.

 

The ticker? An irrelevant raster image file beamed over http.

 

Sarge assures you: at some point you won't give a rats ass about any ticker, it will have been years since you've seen it, the numbers and calculations will be a faded memory, decades gone ... but the important fact will remain - you will still be a nonsmoker, ticker or not.

 

 

 

 

 

Easy Peasy

Mine is d*mn important to me. It says I'm hours away from having a year clean from a 35+ year addiction.  SUPER important to me.

I know what you mean....mine was my pride and joy....at the beginning I looked at it every day...sometimes hourly..

My ticker...slogans....friends....I needed them all....

  • Author

I know what you mean....mine was my pride and joy....at the beginning I looked at it every day...sometimes hourly..

My ticker...slogans....friends....I needed them all....

I'm sure for many of us it kept up on track, in those moments of temptation ...the thought of starting mine over kept me on track, many a time.

 

I will never get rid of mine, far to dam proud of it...that I did it, me, after years of riffing and faffing...I did it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.