Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

You want to quit...but scared to take the plunge...

Featured Replies

I think I know a little bit about this subject...

Smoked my way through 52 years ..I carnt survive with out my crutch...it's my pleasure...

It's helps in a crisis....all the excuses ..oh I used them all...

Well I'm here to tell you all sitting on that fence....oh yes you can...and you'll enjoy it...

Life is so much better ...with out that dark cloud hanging around...

So if this old gal...after smokkng all her life can do it.

I promise you can do it too....

Don't sit on the fence....jump on the train...we all did...fantastic journey....

Doreen is right!  And the anticipation before the quit is worse than the quit itself!  All aboard!

Added to the reluctance might be the previous failed quits.  Please see those attempts were in a different time, you were in a different place in your life and they have no bearing on your success today.  Draw from the resolve you have in the now and go forward, no looking back.

  • 8 years later...

Jump!  Take a leap of faith.  You can change and save your life.

  • 1 month later...

This is for anyone who is lurking on here thinking of quitting smoking.  Ohhh yeah I was scared too, especially since this is my 2nd (and last time) quitting. Who wants to go through those withdrawal symptoms  each time we quit! Yikes, not me!!  First time was much easier for me, as I was on Chantix because I called it the Wonder drug, but that is not on the market any longer, so it wasn't an option this time around.  This time I did the weaning method, which is not good because I was in a constant state of withdrawal all day long, and if I kept that up for months, it would be a lot worse than the cold turkey method.  Everyone on here advised me to just go cold turkey, which I decided to do after a couple weeks of weaning. I'm not gonna lie, the very beginning is NOT easy at all.  You WILL have plenty of withdrawal symptoms, you probably will get very irritable at times, you probably will gain weight, I know I did, but what WON'T happen is, you WON'T die from withdrawal, you WON'T get sick, and you will probably live longer because you are quitting smoking!! Ohhh and the best part about withdrawal symptoms is that they are only temporary!!😁 The longer you stay smoke free, the less withdrawal symptoms you will have.  So, if there is anyone out there who is thinking of quitting smoking, and reading this board, please quit!!  Every one of us on this board were newbies at one time.  There was a first day for everyone on this site.🙂

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.