#1 REZ

REZ

Egg Stealer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1701 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

A place where the excitement of your quit is wearing off, so what do you have to look forward too?

For me at that time I was very engaged in the forms and was getting to know a very special person so that land was a narrow piece of property that went by with a blink of the eye. I am guessing that everyone has had a different experience here. I did look back at some of my early posts and think about how far I have come and all the good things that have happened to me since I quit smoking.

The cravings were far apart if any and not nearly as strong as they used to be if I got one. I was sleeping again and not waking up in the middle of the night thinking about a cigarette. My cloths, car, and house do not smell of cigarettes anymore. I could take a deep breath and not cough because my smokers cough was gone. i was trying to exercise and live a healthier life. My sense of taste and smell had returned as I was enjoying the smell of foods, perfume, flowers and just the clean fresh air around me. My teeth are whiter then I could ever remember them being and my gums don't bleed when brushing them anymore. The jar that I put my money in saved from not buying cigarettes was full. I could now smell someone smoking walking down the street in front of me or in the car next to me and I could even tell if someone is a smoker even if they are not smoking now. I was not scared to travel anymore or go to places that did not allow smoking because it would interfere with my smoking habit. My energy and self confidence was back if full force and the most important thing I think was that I was very and still am very proud of myself because I did something that is one of the hardest thing to do in this world, well with a little help from my friends here! :good3:  

So no man's land is not a land to be scared of but to look forward to because it means that you are now a NON SMOKER!   

• babs609, Jenny, Nicole Diver and 12 others like this

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Versed Member

• Moderators
  • 4221 posts
  • Quit Date:05/24/2012

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:41 AM

I love this post!  What a great spin on a time in the quit that so many fear or struggle with.  

• REZ and Tyme2B like this

1337821201_25_1_USD_7_bluesec.png

#3 Stuart

Stuart

It's better to burn out than to fade away

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7234 posts
  • LocationHampshire UK
  • Quit Date:27/01/2014

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:17 AM

And he was hatching a plan to steal a Transatlantic Egg.......
  • Jenny, tracey and REZ like this

www.stuartlennon.com @stulennon

I quit smoking on at 0600 GMT on January 27th 2014. I have saved a fortune and quite possibly my own life.

I am El Bandito. I am Rocket Surgeon, Drinker of wine, Player of golf, Talker of nonsense and NON SMOKER

All views are my own. I never intentionally offend or hurt - if I post something that bothers you - please send me a PM! 

Laugh every day - Post every day - Just don't SMOKE any day!

#4 action

action

Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5891 posts
  • LocationLondon, England
  • Quit Date:12 Oct 13

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:00 AM

Here, here. Well said REZ :)
  • Jenny and REZ like this
1381581001_12_1_GBP_7_pink.png

#5 Tyme2B

Tyme2B

Tyme2B

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Quit Date:2017-02-04

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:11 AM

Rez.....you are inspiring to a Newbie! Thank you! And stay strong.
51Ld72MqtZL. UL1500 NOPE

#6 Doreensfree

Doreensfree

Grand Mammy

• Moderators
  • 14709 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

For our newbies !!!

1375851601_20_1_GBP_6_pink.png

doreen41.gif

#7 Sirius

Sirius

Versed Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Quit Date:May 27, 2014

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:51 PM

It's the promised land and there is a space reserved just for you!.  :)

• Doreensfree likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users