April 8, 201412 yr Just answered the door and signed for four tickets that are going to make the Siifs very excited. The One Direction concert tickets have come...oh my life...can't wait! We have never been to a concert as a family before, we have been to pantomimes, local theater production...even ventured to the O2 years ago to watch Disney's High School Musical on ice...but this, this is HUGE. My girls are so in love with 1D and they are being supported by their other favourite band, 5 Seconds Of Summer. I don't mind their music, easy to listen to, doesn't offend my ears. The exciting part, for me, is to see the expressions on their faces when the boys come on stage, it will be electric and so very exciting. A Sifford memory for ever and ever. Wow....just wow...it's really happening-June. Plus I will feel young again no doubt, and get caught up in the excitement. I hope they play this track as going is part of the story of our, the Siffs, life.
April 8, 201412 yr Just answered the door and signed for four tickets that are going to make the Siifs very excited. The One Direction concert tickets have come...oh my life...can't wait! We have never been to a concert as a family before, we have been to pantomimes, local theater production...even ventured to the O2 years ago to watch Disney's High School Musical on ice...but this, this is HUGE. My girls are so in love with 1D and they are being supported by their other favourite band, 5 Seconds Of Summer. I don't mind their music, easy to listen to, doesn't offend my ears. The exciting part, for me, is to see the expressions on their faces when the boys come on stage, it will be electric and so very exciting. A Sifford memory for ever and ever. Wow....just wow...it's really happening-June. Plus I will feel young again no doubt, and get caught up in the excitement. I hope they play this track as going is part of the story of our, the Siffs, life. thats wierd the other day i fell down some stairs and i happened to be holding a guitar and i only went and wrote a one direction song lol im only joking sharon i hope you all have a great day enjoy
April 8, 201412 yr Sharon... I am desperately trying to think of a positive...I just would not be able to cope... But - I do see your point on the 'look on the girls faces' I bet that will be some picture!
April 8, 201412 yr Author Sharon... I am desperately trying to think of a positive...I just would not be able to cope... But - I do see your point on the 'look on the girls faces' I bet that will be some picture! It will be priceless...no doubt. Knowing me I'll have a 'tear at a wedding moment' with the sheer joy of it all. They are so excited, it wonderful. I remember my first concert, Meatloaf (with my dad and Uncle) I felt numb with shock when his opening number 'Bat Outta Hell' came on. Could just not believe the man I listed to most nights, on my tape cassette, was stood there, belting it out in front of my very eyes. It really is the little moments like that, when you look back, really do make you smile isn't it? That lovely warm glow you get in your belly.
April 8, 201412 yr Author thats wierd the other day i fell down some stairs and i happened to be holding a guitar and i only went and wrote a one direction song lol im only joking sharon i hope you all have a great day enjoy Thanks Andrew... ;) No doubt I'll be out of my seat...dancing...gotta show these youngsters how it's done after all.... ;)
April 8, 201412 yr Meatloaf... One Direction.. The world is going to hell in a hand basket...this generations Meatloaf is 1D... I am formally and officially a Grumpy Old Git...
April 8, 201412 yr Author Meatloaf... One Direction.. The world is going to hell in a hand basket...this generations Meatloaf is 1D... I am formally and officially a Grumpy Old Git... Nearly woke Lee up laughing..lol...not good after he's worked a 12 hour night shift. Would it tip you over the edge if I also told you I was in love with... David Cassidy Donny Osmond Adam Ant...just gorgeous And...and I don't always feel comfortable sharing this, people can be very judgemental you know, but Rick Astley...there I said it. Been to his concert...have all his cds, even got my girls to 'quite like ' some of his tracks. Truth be told, I'm a bit like the O'Jays....I love music...any kinda music...right on ;)
April 8, 201412 yr One Direction? Rick Astley? I blame it on the quit ;) seriously you guys are going to have a ball and I think Sharon you definately will show the younguns how its done ;) have a fab time :)
April 8, 201412 yr Now then - Meatloaf. Good. Adam Ant. Good. Rick Astley - bizarrely good. David Cassidy, Donny Osmond. -Let me guess "it was the music" Yep - just like Playboy was "about the articles" for me
April 8, 201412 yr Awww...sharon...that's so cool. I remember those days took my daughter to Nsync and pink when she was 14 ....she will never forget it
April 8, 201412 yr Author Sounds like your girls will have fun ;) Just think Action...when you and your wife get pregnant you will have all this too look forward to, too. Starts small...school concerts, a pantomime or three...then Billy big time music halls....start saving now ;) worth every penny. Oh and don't forget to put cash away for Liverpool football team merchandise ;)
April 8, 201412 yr Author Awww...sharon...that's so cool. I remember those days took my daughter to Nsync and pink when she was 14 ....she will never forget it That must have been so exciting for her Babs, both Billy big time artists. I remember Nsync...our country copied and we had Take That. Fabulous teenage cheesy pop...still love that genre. Pink...wow...one day for us four...one day. I bet if you mentioned it and reminded your daughter now she would get a belly glow, and smile.
April 8, 201412 yr Author One Direction? Rick Astley? I blame it on the quit ;) seriously you guys are going to have a ball and I think Sharon you definately will show the younguns how its done ;) have a fab time :) For sure....operation hairbrush...mirror...tunes and practise, 1 and 2 and 3 and 4. Even got an Essex twist on the shoulder shimmy....it's going great ;)
April 8, 201412 yr How fun! My daughter would have LOVED to have seen one direction when they were here, but tickets were sooo expensive. Like $350 for way up in the rafters and off to the side. I couldn't do it. :(
April 8, 201412 yr Oh Sharon bring your ear plugs. My husband took my daughter to the Jonas brothers a few years ago. He said the sound of thousands of screaming girls was a sound like he has never experienced before. lol he said he could still hear them for days after the show. HAVE FUN!
April 8, 201412 yr Author How fun! My daughter would have LOVED to have seen one direction when they were here, but tickets were sooo expensive. Like $350 for way up in the rafters and off to the side. I couldn't do it. :( HI Petra, and thanks. That's expensive isn't it? We would have been in the same boat as you, at that price, and not been going...just too expensive. Has your daughter had her head turned by 5 seconds of Summer yet Petra? They are currently No1 in the Uk. A rocky type sound....if that's the right word. They have been doing tours over here but always clashed with school nights, and too far to drive to. Don't know if they have a buzz around them your side of the pond? She might enjoy their music is she loves 1D, they toured with them in the UK last year.
April 8, 201412 yr Author Oh Sharon bring your ear plugs. My husband took my daughter to the Jonas brothers a few years ago. He said the sound of thousands of screaming girls was a sound like he has never experienced before. lol he said he could still hear them for days after the show. HAVE FUN! Jonas brothers...pizza girl...I rememberbthem Bonnie...out aroundvthe same time asvthe High School Musical era...awww, happy days. Lee, my hubby, took our Megan to the 1D concert last year, in February. Her sister hadn't had her 'head turned' lasy year so didn't fancy it (was more into Mumford and Sons back then) Bonhie I cried laughing when they got back, his ears....ringing...said he was sure it did permanent damage...rofl...mind you, our Megan said he was singing his head off, dancing away...he loved it really, even if he wouldn't admit it.... ;)
April 8, 201412 yr She went from Mumford and Sons to 1D????? How is that progress? Now - get online and get yourselves tickets for We Will Rock You..proper musical education! I'm going for the third time on May 15th... Bet you and Lee would love it too!
April 8, 201412 yr Author She went from Mumford and Sons to 1D????? How is that progress? Now - get online and get yourselves tickets for We Will Rock You..proper musical education! I'm going for the third time on May 15th... Bet you and Lee would love it too! I bet we would....although I first want to see Jersey Boys, if I could. Third time...wow...you must love it. I did Les Mis three times so I totally get that pull...15th of May, won't be long...excited for you.
April 8, 201412 yr Well....it could be worse. It could be Justin Beiber. Just joking :p I hope you make marvelous memories. The first concert my parents took me to was Michael Jackson. I wasn't old enough to go with just friends so they took me, even though they didn't like his music. Lol
April 8, 201412 yr I bet we would....although I first want to see Jersey Boys, if I could. Third time...wow...you must love it. I did Les Mis three times so I totally get that pull...15th of May, won't be long...excited for you. Closes at the end of May...(maybe goes on tour) Going with La Bandita - and a golfing buddy (it will be his 7th time!)
April 8, 201412 yr Author Closes at the end of May...(maybe goes on tour) Going with La Bandita - and a golfing buddy (it will be his 7th time!) Do you guys dress up? I love to see folk going dressed up, really going with the theme. wow at your friend, good for him I say...great to have something to look forward to.
April 8, 201412 yr Do you guys dress up? I love to see folk going dressed up, really going with the theme. wow at your friend, good for him I say...great to have something to look forward to. Most of my clothes are from that era..... No - don't dress up. But once or twice I am almost certain that I tapped my foot
April 8, 201412 yr Author Well....it could be worse. It could be Justin Beiber. Just joking :p I hope you make marvelous memories. The first concert my parents took me to was Michael Jackson. I wasn't old enough to go with just friends so they took me, even though they didn't like his music. Lol Sorry I missed this earlier Julie... JB..rofl..oh they would not be pleased...lol Sounds like you have memory making parents too...I can imagine that concert was spectacular.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.