Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's For Dinner: Part 2

Featured Replies

  • Author

It looks good to me, Did you have it over rice?? and how was it?

The stir-fry turned out well! I really love stir-fries. 

 

I used Udon noodles because Steve is a rice hater. When I make stir-fry for myself though, I usually have it with rice. 

  • Replies 742
  • Views 130k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Well they are not for dinner tonight... but last night I spent about 3 hours (and one bottle of wine) putting these turkey pot pies together. I had made the filling on two days before. they are all

  • Good old winter warmer for us. Sausage, mash and gravy with smoked pancetta and chopped spring onions.  

  • Tonight was Pork Tenderloin in Mustard Cream sauce with skillet roasted rosemary potatoes and baby carrots with a brown sugar/butter glaze.    

Posted Images

I didn't end up making chicken soup yesterday, but I did freeze the carcass and will make it next weekend probably.  Tonight, comfort food was on the menu.

 

 

 

20141020_184223_zpshbvrdsqt.jpg

I LOVE this thread!! 

 

Tonight is salad with Bread Crumb Baked Chicken.   I like panko way better,  but am out of Panko.

 

We are trying to eat a bit healthier after 5 days of restaurant and airport food. 

I have been very stressed and busy lately, so Steve cooked tonight. :) He made pan fried chicken, couscous, and steamed broccoli. I'm still hungry though. I woke up late and I've only had about 800 calories today. Don't know what I will do for a snack, but this was a pretty yummy dinner!

 

10689469_10152568828098423_5980920853845

I want that!

How do you upload or add photos - I tried and got denied trying to copy and paste? 

How do you upload or add photos - I tried and got denied trying to copy and paste?

photobucket

Is this the official food porn thread? I am making eggplant parm tonight. Bow chicka wow wow.. 

photobucket

you lost me at bucket!  

you lost me at bucket!  

http://photobucket.com

Upload your pictures to that site. Then you copy and paste the IMG code into a post here... 

I just want to test this to see if I got it right.

 

Lasagna_zps988f7ece.jpg

I just want to test this to see if I got it right.

 

Lasagna_zps988f7ece.jpg

You did it! 

 

and 

 

Bow chicka wow wow .. That looks good! 

The opposite of healthy but ohhh so gooood. ;) 

Eggplant Parm

 

AA092F08-9B50-4B21-AAA5-B0A2FEEE8ED8_zps

Wow!!!

Really good stuff here!!!!

I think the food porn needs more pics... I am so hungry now!!!

Love Food Porn - here's my Lemon Thyme Chicken 

 

20140909_181733_zpsbq4qcs8i.jpg

  • Author

Oh god, I love food porn so much! I'm salivating here. Here is my pasta I made last night with homemade tomato and meat sauce:                                                        10441380_10152571539228423_7157564623274

I have to do a better job taking pictures....

 

This was my salad the other night... sliced tomato on the bottom, then sliced avocado, then a mix of avacado and greek yogurt and topped off with Tzatziki...

 

20141017_194542.jpg

I cant find anything to eat... So I decided to clear out the fridge and to make soup....

 

The winner is.... cream of broccoli. I am using everything I have in the fridge that is appropriate.

 

6 cups of turkey stock (dug through both freezers for all available stock.. may add 2 cups of pork stock if needed)

a roasting pan full of broccoli (everything I through into the freezer the past few months)

I roast a 30lb turkey in this roaster.... lol

20141022_113547.jpg

 

almond milk, heavy cream, reg milk, half and half, ( that will wipe the dairy out of my fridge )

They are not all full... 

20141022_113430.jpg

With all the other ingrediants, I think I am gonna end up with 1 1/2 gallons of soup!!!

  • Author

I have to do a better job taking pictures....

 

This was my salad the other night... sliced tomato on the bottom, then sliced avocado, then a mix of avacado and greek yogurt and topped off with Tzatziki...

 

20141017_194542.jpg

Yum!

 

I'm going to try this.

I have to do a better job taking pictures....

 

This was my salad the other night... sliced tomato on the bottom, then sliced avocado, then a mix of avacado and greek yogurt and topped off with Tzatziki...

 

20141017_194542.jpg

That looks awesome! 

Thanks,,, I don't know what you call that salad but it was really good.... I forgot to mention that the avocado mix also had pesto in it. really good!!

 

So as per my "to late to do anything about it" prediction...

 

I now have 1 1/2 gallons of cream of broccoli soup made....

20141022_134850.jpg

 

It tasted good too!! I put cheddar cheese in mine. Next time I will look at some recipes and see what other people do.

 

To late for lunch now, So apparently this is part of what is for dinner tonight!! lol

I love a good cheddar broccoli soup! I think that will be my next big batch of soup to make. 

The chicken soup isn't lasting very long with everyone here turning up sick. I took some out of the freezer today and made fresh matzo balls to put in it instead of noodles. Really good. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.