Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Going Canoeing has changed!

Featured Replies

    Tracey and I are going canoeing this Saturday and i was thinking back to the last time i went canoeing.

 

Last time I went canoeing, the most important thing, more important than dry cloths, more important than food, more important than the drink (jury is still out on this one lol) was the little plastic baggie you put your cigarettes and lighters in to keep them dry!

 

We would even hold a small meeting at the beginning of the trip by the canoes and vote on who has the best baggie and everybody would have a extra pack of unopened smokes on them because they had the best chance of staying dry. Since i was a boy scout a long time ago i would always bring some water proof matches along lol!

 

 Now since Tracey and I both do not smoke anymore i guess it is the cell phone now that needs to be kept dry, but if it is going to be 90 degrees, sunny, hot and humid and the last big weekend of the summer, I'm going to leave my phone it in the truck and hope Tracey leaves hers there too because i think we will be getting wet lol!

 

Another thing now that has changed is that i look for and now only book non-smoking hotel rooms when we went on vacation! Before i hunted and hunted for that hotel that still has smoking in the rooms even if it meant giving up a oceanfront room or the pool. There are so many more places available now because we are non-smokers! 

Once we finally break the chains, it is the most liberating feeling in the world!! 

I haven't been canoeing in year Rez.  Enjoy it smoke free and have a ball!

This is great REZ - I hope you both have a great time tomorrow!!

 

And not having to worry about cigarettes is such a relief!

ummm wet and bring a bucket to bail, it did not say this in the brochure! lol

 

 

quit smoking has freed us up of a lot of time and effort and opens up so many more doors

I am sure you will have a wonderful time!!  Who gets to steer?

I am sure you will have a wonderful time!!  Who gets to steer?

if thats the less strenuous bit I volunteer ;)

if thats the less strenuous bit I volunteer ;)

and you would get to tell Rez what to do...

and you would get to tell Rez what to do...

sold :)

  • Author

I am sure you will have a wonderful time!!  Who gets to steer?

 

 

if thats the less strenuous bit I volunteer ;)

 

 

and you would get to tell Rez what to do...

 

 

sold :)

 

 

:huh:

  • Author

:huh: ................................................ ;)  

Funny-Canoeing-11.jpg

B) ..............................  Yes dear!   :)     

dog1.jpg  Don't forget your floaties.   :P

and you would get to tell Rez what to do...

Why am I thinking you don't need to be in a canoe for that to happen ?! Have fun guys 3daa4cc69413a4a4fda538b0ecb14120_zps9b10

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.