Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Welcome To a New Life - Your Quit!

Featured Replies

Hello All,

I'm new to the community. My actual quit date is March 12, 2019. I was having trouble dealing with the quit so I began searching the web and came across this wonderful website, THANK YOU! It has helped me tremendously.  I didn't post because I was getting a feel of how this all works. love it.  I do anything, any way, and any how to never take another puff.

Thanks for allowing me to join the community

QueenB

Hi Queen B.  Welcome here.  This is a wonderful place to help support your quit.  I had smoked for 42 years and tried many different ways to quit.  I finally quit after finding the forum.

You have the right thinking "Not  One Puff Ever".  

The first couple of weeks are difficult but once the nicotine is out of the body, it is just a matter of changing your thinking.   You will feel much more powerful as you gain control of your life and learn to handle your addiction.  Stay on board, read as much as you can and reach out when you need us!

 

Welcome Aboard Queen B...

Glad you found us ....

Take your seat and buckle up ..quitting has its share of ups and downs ...it's so doable ....

You just need to want it bad enough ...

Looking forward to getting to know you better ....

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:55 PM, Doreensfree said:

Bumping this great post !!!

A little bit of info about me.  I'm a mother of 5 married 29 years and smoked for 36 years.  Never finding that "thing" to help me stay quit.  But this time.....Its something different.....the whole process of this quit is different.....I'm loving it!!! To be free from this madness!!!! I was romancing being a nonsmoker and never achieving!!! IT DROVE ME CRAZY!! But this time(I'm dancing)....I think we have a winner. So that's my story for now.  I plan on being a regular here.

Thanks

2 hours ago, QueenB said:

A little bit of info about me.  I'm a mother of 5 married 29 years and smoked for 36 years.  Never finding that "thing" to help me stay quit.  But this time.....Its something different.....the whole process of this quit is different.....I'm loving it!!! To be free from this madness!!!! I was romancing being a nonsmoker and never achieving!!! IT DROVE ME CRAZY!! But this time(I'm dancing)....I think we have a winner. So that's my story for now.  I plan on being a regular here.

Thanks

I love your positive attitude ....keep this ...and you will succeed ....

3 hours ago, QueenB said:

A little bit of info about me.  I'm a mother of 5 married 29 years and smoked for 36 years.  Never finding that "thing" to help me stay quit.  But this time.....Its something different.....the whole process of this quit is different.....I'm loving it!!! To be free from this madness!!!! I was romancing being a nonsmoker and never achieving!!! IT DROVE ME CRAZY!! But this time(I'm dancing)....I think we have a winner. So that's my story for now.  I plan on being a regular here.

Thanks

@QueenB Welcome aboard!!! Quittrain is a great place to be. You will get a lot of support here.

1 hour ago, Ankush said:

A little bit of info about me.  I'm a mother of 5 married 29 years and smoked for 36 years.  Never finding that "thing" to help me stay quit.  But this time.....Its something different.....the whole process of this quit is different.....I'm loving it!!!

Wow Queen B.  Mom to five is quite impressive.   That excitement you are feeling will only get better as your quit gets longer.  I am nine months quit and feel on top of the world.  To be free is such a wonderful feeling.  I look forward to watching you take your life back!

Nice to meet you @QueenB 

 

Are you quitting cold turkey or using some additional help?

 

You'll find lots of support and encouragement here. 

 

 

How did @QueenB's post wind up as something I said when I didn't? Lol...

Edited by Ankush

1 hour ago, Ankush said:

How did @QueenB's post wind up as something I said when I didn't? Lol..

I think because I quoted if off of your quote.  If not,  I am confused too, lol.

3 hours ago, QueenB said:

I'm on my last week of Chantix

And you will continue to do fine.  Each day gets better and better.  Stay close to the forum and reach out if you need us.

I intend to.  Getting in a habit of logging on soon as I get in the office, staying logged on.  Loving it!!

5 hours ago, QueenB said:

I'm on my last week of Chantix

 

I have seen so many successes with chantix in real life. 

 

The fact you are loving your quit is such a positive. You're doing great. 

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.