Could someone please give me the link to where the badges are explained? This is new since about 9-10 days ago when I last signed in. Serves me right for not being here daily!

How fun!

:)

• Like 1

The badges are part of the invision update that took place recently.  Our forum is powered by them.  The ranks replace our old system of new member, community member etc.  And the badges are to encourage participation. And we're having fun with them, trying to see who can get them all first lol. 

Moving to Q and A forum :) 

• Like 3

Katgirl, I am still trying to understand the badge thing to. I think as jillar explained it is some kind of incentive to participate.  I don't know may be the company that owns or runs the sight can see from the so called back door how many people view but don't post.  I do not understand, why that is important.  If people need help and support they will post.  I will say that people might see the badges and feel better about talking to people that have them thinking that they are more experienced.  Makes no sense to me, I have badges and I don't have any experience on this board except being lucky enough that the members have been willing to take me in, give support and advice. The way I see it is we are all after the same thing to quit smoking, regain our health and our life.

K

• Like 1

@Kris, the badges and ranks are not forum specific. They are an update to the software that powers our site. Every forum powered by invision now has them. 

I know from experience that the more you participate the better your chance of success. So if the badges help get people to post or even sign up, that's that many more we can help quit right?😊

• Like 2

Right !Just what you said,(I STILL TALK TO MUCH) I may not understand but as long as it gets you to participate and get the help you need. That is the most important thing, if you use the site  you will find the support and info you need to QUIT. 

K

• Like 3

No they can't,  but they can be used for search and seizure of any tobacco product in your possession. Then you will taken promptly to the pizza joint take over location in your area for the duration of the weekend.  You will then be released to a responsible adult that will assure you are not allowed to have permanent residence in a bowling alley.

K

• Haha 3