Another SOS success story !

Opah

On my way to my wildlife refuge  Duty,  couple mile before my exit my truck start to die.  Get to the side of the I15 in the middle of the desert and coast to a stop.  my alternator belt broken and without charge my battery die.

This was not a side of the freeway repair so I call my Cousin, He lives back down the freeway  80 or so miles, so long story short we get it to run without the belt and get it to the refuge and my cousin heads back home.

Now all this time I am doing ready good, until I start to see what I need to do to fix it.

So after 3 or so hours and still no closer to getting it fixed the beer and 100 degrees start getting to me and then it happens I WANT A SMOKE, Not a little urge so I grab my phone type in quit train and up it pops go to SOS and No way Jose,  must log in to access SOS so I try one of the others again ONE WAY JOSE.  By the time I gave up the cussing and cursing trying to get access the urge had shrank down to something I could deal with.

Well with 3 tall boys down and a super great Smoked Ribeye steak consumed I  dosed off.   Crises Obverted my quit is intact 

I forgot to mention my cousin is a chain smoker, we use to run together when I hit the Bars rally hard back in the day.  I also forgot to mention he owned the Bar, free beer !

Edited by Opah
  • Like 3

Thank you I was really happy with my self, I over came the adversity, maintained my cool, kept my thoughts clear and precise.  up until the urge hit me.  My cousin was happy he has been wanting to quit and swore I wouldnt, so who knows may get him on the road to being smoke free.

• Like 3

@Opah  I'm doing ok, I'm glad I could help. That SOS is the only thing that saved my butt that night. But see you made that great choice on your own. You are stronger then you realize. Keep up the good job. Use that SOS if you need it but I think you got this

• Like 1