Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Questions For Admin?

Featured Replies

Instead of sending a PM I thought this thread could be used to ask questions - forum related as others might have the same questions to ask

 

 

 

 

 

Q - Is the Orange theme here to stay or is it a problem on my computer why I cannot change it back to the old presentation?

 

 

 

Q - can guests post or do they need to be members first?

 

 

 

 

Instead of sending a PM I thought this thread could be used to ask questions - forum related as others might have the same questions to ask

 

 

 

 

 

Q - Is the Orange theme here to stay or is it a problem on my computer why I cannot change it back to the old presentation?

 

 

 

Q - can guests post or do they need to be members first?

 

This is a good idea.  I'll make this thread stick around somewhere. :)

 

The blue/orange theme is here to stay.  The original theme is still here, just hidden from the drop down box because our logo is too large for the original header and although I can change the size of the header to accommodate the logo, it doesn't look too good.  I never really thought about it until now, but perhaps I can have the designer who created this theme for me (yeah, I picked the colors etc., :) ) create another theme using mostly shades of blue & gray.

 

Guests cannot post.  The main reason is because I don't want spam bots littering our site.  We've had a few human spammers but they've been removed.  Guests can only read the forums and cannot view the member list, member profiles or the OTR forum.  I've set the guest permissions so they can read pretty much everything and get a good idea about who we are but at the same time, protect members' privacy.

  • Author

thank you - I thought my PC was goofing up :)

  • Author

Q is it possible to increase the limit for recipients in a multi message??

 

as I want to set one up for the UK get together and the limit is only to 5 :(

  • Author

How many recipients did you have in mind? I believe there is a limit but it's more than 5.

I would say 10 would more than cover it I need 8 at the moment

 

thanks alot :)

The cheek of you taking the credit for my fabulous off the record idea!!

  • Author

The cheek of you taking the credit for my fabulous off the record idea!!

lol aye what when where? 

 

stealing blogs - guilty 

  • 3 weeks later...

I think we looked into being able to tag someone, and we aren't able to.  Do you know if this is something that could be programmed in?  I would really like that feature. :)

I think we looked into being able to tag someone, and we aren't able to.  Do you know if this is something that could be programmed in?  I would really like that feature. :)

 

Me too!

MQ... I was kinda wondering if everyone has to log in everytime.  I get on several times a day and every time I have to put my username and password in.  And yes...I do have that box checked that says remember me.  I am wondering if it is a site issue or maybe an issue while I am here at work.

I still can't change my password....

  • 3 weeks later...

That was you? lol  I thought it was Tracey.  Tracey steals blogs too. :tease:

 

 

The cheek of you taking the credit for my fabulous off the record idea!!

 

 

No, I distinctly remember this being Sue's idea. She wanted it to post pics of family and selfies, so not any Joe could access.

 

 

We're still waiting on her's......

Lol I know, I chickened out of posting stuff, maybe I'll grow some balls soon ;)

Yes yes you do oh and the tattoo one ;) waa waa waa !!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.