November 24, 20196 yr So back in the day the band of the moment saw me partake in some argy bargy with one of the year twelve boys who refused to believe this was a cover and not even the best cover at that...but here in lies me issue, I scratched the surface and the covers were plentiful...chances are there is a version out there you love and I've missed but to quote that criminal who wore a garbage bin on his head...such is life. The original...Bob Dylan Cover 1... Cold Chisel (cos there's gotta be an Aussie) Cover 2 ... Pink Floyd ft Led Zeppelin Cover 3 ... Guns n Roses cover 4...Raign
November 24, 20196 yr Voted for Dylan. I always lean towards the original. The Guns N' Roses cover was the first version of this song I heard. I think GnR did a good job on their cover of "Knockin' on Heaven's Door. However, I would argue that GnR's cover of "Sympathy for the Devil" is one of, if not the worst, covers in the history of rock music. That tape should have been burned and never spoken of again.
November 24, 20196 yr My vote was for the Dylan version too but, like Boo, my introduction to the song came from GNR. And yes, their cover of "Sympathy for the Devil" was horrible.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.