Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What emotion triggers your desire to smoke?

Featured Replies

Yes, I ask cause I am THAT bored...

 

Anyways, I am not an easily excitable person but when I do get such or if I am happier than normal, I find myself thinking, "A smoke would be great right about now".

The most common occurrence is when I learn that some sort of "bad news" isn't nearly as bad as I imagined.

 

It is weird cause i could be almost in a rage of anger and the thought of smoking is never there. Same for being sad or having the "Monday Blues".

But let it be something good like, "ALRIGHT! That neighbor I hate is being exiled to Pakistan to be sold off into slavery!" and my mind seeks nicotine out of pure joy and excitement.

 

Luckily the only time I normally get excited is when I find a fantastic deal on clothing.

 

What about you?

 

 

 

Probably because while you smoked you were conditioned to see it as a reward for having completed a task or while out having a good time or whatever brought you joy. 

For me it's boredom. When every I have nothing to do and no real focus I think I should be smoking to use up that time I guess?

Stress is a big one for me. It's likely that the stress I felt was because of a need for a nicotine hit.

When I was anxious about starting new in work I'd never done before, I smoked more. Being worried about learning the work fast enough caused tension. As I became more proficient, i began smoking less. 

Absolutely nothing. 

There is an end, folks, it does go away. 

EZPZ

^^^^^

I agree.  Cravings are gone, kaput, nada.

 

I can't even remember the last time I had a desire to smoke.

 

In fact, and this should not be mistaken for complacency on my part, I can't think of one scenario in which I would ever choose to smoke a cigarette again.

 

2 hours ago, sgt.barney said:

There is an end, folks, it does go away. 

 

Yep, what he said.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.