Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phillip Morris advise people in UK to Quit smoking !

Featured Replies

I have just seen the BBC reporting that Phillip Morris the manufacturers of Marlboro are advising Smokers in the UK to Quit smoking cigarettes.

 

But they are advising them to take up vaping or e cigs.

 

Its hard to believe that they are trying to recruit people to other forms of smoking to keep their business going.

 

Im not sure they should be allowed to do it.

https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=Philip+Morris+Quit+Smoking&qpvt=philip+morris+quit+smoking&FORM=EWRE

Edited by despair not

That is ridiculous.... I am beginning to hate vaping and e cigs as much as I hate normal cigs. I am not sure that they are as prolific here yet.

 

So this story is a bit sad, and I agree I don't think they should be allowed to do it either.

 

On the plus side, I heard in the NEWS here that Britain now has more ex-smokers than they have current smokers... but I'm not sure if vapers are included in that figure.

 

Here is an article on the smoking numbers and smokers being far outnumbered by ex-smokers.... way to go Great Britain...

 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/sep/20/number-of-uk-smokers-falls-to-lowest-level

 

 

 

Gday

You'd think these companies would also want another world war to come along to boast thier sales as well.....

Not satisfied that we have figured out Nicotine and its various delivery  

systems actually kill the customer .... funny about that.

C

I've just heard this ....Words fail me....they are nothing short of murdering B*******s......

Somewhere down the line ....e cigs will be proven to kill folks too....

It's great news Britain has more Quitters...than Nicotine smokers...

Phillip Morris is a bunch of bastards. If they said vegetables were healthy, i probably would not believe them.

It is not unusual for companies to divert customers away from one of their OWN products only to push a different one.

 

I do not get though -

Even if vaping is less harmful, less expensive, less illegal, etc, isn't quitting altogether COMPLETELY free, legal, and healthy?

 

Free, now THAT is a word us Sagittarius like. And us cheap skates.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.