Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tyme2B

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tyme2B

  1. Tyme2B replied to Mike.'s topic in Socializing
  2. Smober! Love that term Mike! Glad you are here & wishing you success Rob!
  3. Thanks BumBle....it helps to know that others have experienced this too. Not that I would wish it on anyone. But the best part is that it WILL lift! That is such good news! I can hang in there. Lots of good ideas from people to try....and I AM trying
  4. Not feeling as bad as I was. From what I have read it's withdrawal. It WILL go away. One day at a time. Have not smoked or used NRT. Sleep is my good friend right now. I'll be fine
  5. CPK...I just got myself some big girl pants too!! Yahoo! They WORK!!! Thanks for the Sassy Style Support....
  6. A great inspirational read Markus! Wish I could fast forward!!!
  7. Great job Ricki! This process is very individual. Just keep your NOPE in site no matter what. Best not to adjust any meds right now....the fatigue affects some of us more than others. The pride of being a non smoker keeps us going! Good for you!
  8. I'm here! Slowly getting past a bad case of withdrawal....but doing it! No smokes & no NRT. How are you doing CPK?
  9. Looking awesome Nancy!!
  10. Whoohoo Mike! Keep going buddy:)
  11. I think looking surprised would go well with my blonde hair! Lol! Makes for a great excuse!!!
  12. Oh!

    Tyme2B replied to Mike.'s topic in Off The Record
    Lol! I have really enjoyed reading the comments here! What happens in the Recovery a Room stays in the Recovery Room! Trust me! And we don't carry rulers! Septos are quirky....some work, some don't. I think neti pots are a wonderful "natural" treatment....they DO work!!! So Mike don't worry....you may not work in a hospital but I did for years...and RN's don't talk about male catheterizations at Coffee Break! Lol! This is too cute!
  13. Mike! I am so proud of you! This whole process sucks but it's worth it! Not only are you quitting yourself but you are so wonderful to others (like me). The educational reading was very helpful. We CAN do this! Thanks & continuing wishes of success to you :)
  14. I did!! And it was worth the effort lol! I am enjoying watching your journey too CPK. You DO make me laugh!! Our Quit dates are very close. Congratulations to you on doing such a great job!
  15. [quote name="Mike." post="132734" timestamp="1427297344. I certainly can't minimize the depressive feelings, this period of healing in cessation initially is causing me, too. I know from education about this addiction, that it is time limited and gets much better. Knowing it will get better at least puts a light at the end of a seemingly long tunnel. We all need hope! I'm just going to do one day at a time & push to feel better again. Shared feelings from others help so much.
  16. Thanks Mike! You have given me some othrr very good articles to read that are helpful. I appreciate your looking for the one particular article but don't worry. It may show up eventually. Congrats on your 9 days! No! 10 days!
  17. I am not going to go with using the NRT route. My Doc is great but she never smoked. I will be keeping in touch with her. There are tons of suggestions & personal experiences to try & I need to try several other things first. Exercise will be first but there are lots of other recommendations. I will keep reading. Thanks so much for the help :) Interesting others have been down a similar road....I don't feel as alone in all this now! And it certainly is easier to admit to. Reducing stress in one's life is not easy but one day at a time....
  18. Oh wow! All of this IS true!!! Horrible, powerful addiction. Awful!
  19. Welcome back Laura. We all have our problems....it often takes many attempts to succeed in your quit. But always come back. People here do not judge....they empower you. xx
  20. I would prefer to try the Vitamins CPK....I have no idea how I can use exercise right now. I have lost weight rather than gaining it since my Quit. But I have gone on a couple of fast walks with my supportive hubby. My youngest brother died last year of lung cancer.I hear your pain. It's tough. I am 3 weeks off NRT....I don't want to start over but it is not as bad as smoking....I will wait & see if I can get out of this. Even when my hubby & I were away at a beautiful Island a couple of weeks ago he went to breakfast himself as I was too down to get out of bed. This is NOT me! I don't know what to do.
  21. I just had an unexpected phone call back from my Physician. I would like to know your reactions to her advice. She was VERY pleased I have quit smoking but she was also very concerned that I was making an appointment due to depression affecting me to the point I can't get out of bed in the morning. She talked to me about dopamine & long term smoking & past depression events. She suggested I use NRT in the morning & wean off it more gradually. She said only certain antidepressants are effective & a new one would take too long to work. She DID stress NOT to smoke. But she was concerned about this level of depression. She felt most people did not react this way but when certain people do it is a concern. I am just lucky enough to be one of those people...NOT. Thoughts please?
  22. All of you are awesome! Thank you so much for being so considerate & kind. I was afraid to post this as I thought you may think I was weak or self centred but you have been so supportive. I AM happy I have quit & I have no intention of going back to smoking. I just feel so lousy that my expectations of how I would feel on quitting smoking have been quite inaccurate. I have started reading the information provided & will watch the Videos. Again my heartfelt thanks to all of you for being so caring. I will be seeing my Physician if this does not settle down. I would prefer to handle it without increasing meds which take about 6 weeks to work anyway. Educating oneself is far more positive. I did go out & treat myself to a manicure this afternoon!
  23. Thanks Mike! I will read the links you have provided. I suspected there could be a regulatory problem in the brain & even just having this annoying problem recognized as real is helpful. The hope you have provided that it WILL go away is most gratifying as well. And BTW it's great to hear from you. Hope your quit is going well.
  24. I am actually on a low dose antidepressant...have been for sevrral years. Maybe I need to see Doc about increasing it short term but I wish I could just get past this. Thanks so much Evelyn for your support xx

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.