Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

robin0212

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by robin0212

  1. Thanks everyone, and to @Reciprocity about the needed reminder about the lies of addiction. There are times I just literally cry rather than smoke. Did anyone do this? Just cry?? Like I'm frustrated, I'm not smoking, I have no coping skills, so I'll just cry lol. Yes better than smoking... reality smacks me in the face each time I realize that for 35 plus years smoking was coping 😫.
  2. Thanks everyone for thinking of me! I can't believe it's been 4 months! I've had some random cravings but I try to really think back to when I felt short of breath. That is what stops me from caving. It's so frustrating. Like I'm stuck. At times I want to say f**k it and just smoke, because I'm so stressed out. But then I'd be choosing to be more miserable. So, it feels like either way there's suffering. I know it sounds so crazy. Ugh this is so hard!
  3. Happy Happy Seven months!! Celebrate big Brioski!
  4. Happy 7 months Brioski!!
  5. Stew so sorry to hear. Hope you are feeling better really soon.
  6. Holy Cr*p! My heart skipped a beat when you put that cigarette to your lips!! So proud of you that you didn't light up then threw them away. I agree love/hate is sooo true, and the urge can be so strong around holidays or celebrations and having a few drinks. Well done getting through this one!
  7. Happy Father's Day @Cbdave Happy Birthday Gus! Happy Labor Day everyone!
  8. @Stewbum , sorry to hear about your health and nightmare night. You should be so proud of yourself you did not smoke after all that stress and the urge being as strong as you describe! Each time we pass the test it gets a little easier? (I hope!) I agree with you, we can't allow any wiggle room for complacency to settle in. Celebration well deserved for pushing through this.
  9. Hi Brioski, I am sorry to hear about this but I agree with the group. Smoking will cause WAY more complications, further medical compromise and more wrinkles!!! Diabetes is manageable. So many other smoking related diseases more difficult to manage, and likely lead to an earlier more potentially uncomfortable painful death. Reason enough not to light up.
  10. Congratulations on 6 months @BrioskiWell Done!! Hope you are celebrating big!
  11. Well done Stew! The first month is sooooo tough! You did it! Congrats!
  12. I see, @Sandi149, sorry this is so stressful for you, but happy to hear it has not broken your amazing quit😊
  13. Good morning! I agree with Briosky- in that your friends starting all if this is making it easier for them move away? Unfortunately at your expense. Easier for some to leave when angry then face the painful reality of (physical) separation from such a long standing friendship.
  14. I can be a hot head Sandi so I can relate. Sometimes our emotions get the best of us. My husband said a very mild comment about my pasta gravy once *25 years ago, and I dumped the whole gigantic pot out the window or in the toilet-I can't remember. Yes, I'm a little sensitive . No, he never said anything about my cooking ever again! So if we are quick to react to begin with, not smoking is wayyyy worse. Forgive yourself. Your friends will come around❤️
  15. Thank you all for your support!! I never thought I'd reach 2 months. Feels good!
  16. Thank you!! There are some rough patches, but I am hanging in there. My breathing is better, it feels good not to smell like smoke and my skin looks more glowy! Hoping I can do this forever... Hope everyone is doing well!
  17. Hi Sandi. Sorry you were having a rough time. It's so awful how we are blindsided by cravings so unexpectedly. You've gotten such great advice here! Those darn threes are sooo sneaky. Keep up the great work you are doing!!
  18. So sorry to hear this Brioski. You've been through so much in a short time. Yes! About smoking being an illusion of "relief". There's no magical relief from difficult emotions or situations (without severe repercussions), and you will push through smoberly as you have been doing amazingly! Xo
  19. Hi Stewbum! I also lost a great quit and am determined to keep this one. That nicodemon is such a manipulative sneak! Let's hold on tight to our freedom.
  20. Thank you for sharing your story @Cbdave. Shortness of breath is so scary. Happy to hear you are staying away from smoking and feeling better. An inspiration to me as a newbie.
  21. Ordering now. Desperado.
  22. I thought about that..I was concerned it might make me groggy the next day. But I'm thinking since I'm delirious anyway from no sleep why not try it! Thanks Overcome! 😊

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.