Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

QuittingGirl

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by QuittingGirl

  1. I can't believe it's been 25 years since that horrible day!😢 Many people lost people that day. I lost someone I used to work with and so did my husband. It's hard to believe that 25 years has passed, the world certainly didn't change for the better, that's for sure. NEVER FORGET!
  2. I will have a celebratory post for you on the 16th @Lust4Life2016 😁
  3. Hi @Sal Glad you came back on here. We all understand how you feel as we have been there. This is my 2nd time quitting, first time I used Chantix (2009), (I am not sure, if it's still available, but if it is, check it out.) It was a wonder drug for me back then. It made me forget to smoke. Unfortunately, I went back after 6 years because my husband had to have a heart procedure, and I was so nervous and upset. Thankfully, he did well, but I went back to smoking!😠 I realized after a while that me going back to smoking wasn't going to change the outcome of his procedure no matter what I did. This time I have been quit for over 3 years and I basically did it cold turkey, starting from weaning, (DO NOT QUIT WITH WEANING, IT DOES NOT WORK!!) You will be in a perpetual withdrawal that is just horrible, worse than cold turkey! Honestly! My advice to staying quit is come on here EVERY SINGLE DAY and doing the Daily NOPE pledge, at least for the first year! I am serious, (I come on every single day), I honestly believe that works, becauss it helped me as it kept me focused!!👍Another tip, if you like cinnamon get the sticks and pretend that the sticks are a cigarette. Keep it with you, and when you get an urge pretend it's a cig. You will suck in the air and pretend to blow it out like a cigarette, and it will taste really nice. I kept one in my pocketbook and a couple of them around the house. If you don't like cinnamon, you could use cut up straws. Listen to my advice @Sal, it will help you!!👍 YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  4. I think I made a mistake, his anniversary is on the 13th, so we will celebrate early!!!😆
  5. Congratulations @garry mhudson on 10 years smoke free! 🎉 That is a huge accomplishment, you should be so proud of yourself. You are a huge roll model for all of us.👍

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.