Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TAC

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TAC

  1. The Sarge is a man of few words, straight forward and easy peasy!
  2. In my experience both cats and dogs fart silently. Never heard of a dog that actually made a noise. Guess it's double jeapardy for you LOL
  3. I think it is because he is The Sarge!* *Footnote: [at least that's what the TAC thinks]
  4. Happy Birthday Rain Forest!
  5. I'm from Boston!
  6. You got me all excited when I saw the title of this thread because I wanted to post this video.
  7. I feel bad for you and your pup Babs. xoxoxoxoxo
  8. Could you translate this please :)
  9. When I was in Australia, I was told not to say "Fanny Pack". Apparently that's a bad word, so I think they call them "Bum Packs" instead.
  10. At 20 dollars for a hair cut, I choose to save the money and cut my own. It is pretty funny to watch me cut it myself I'm told. Welcome aboard the Quit Train, you're in good company here and there are lots of new quitters like myself who could use your help.
  11. Most of my family is from North Carolina and they sound like this. I'm from Boston however and still pawk my caw. Does that mean I don't speak English either? LOL
  12. So Jimmy, they don't speak English in Texas either? LOL
  13. I'll bet SoberJulie has something to say about that LOL
  14. I worked in a call center too for many years, made lots of money because I loved it. The other place said Action was mean? That doesn't make any sense based on what you posted LOL
  15. When I was in Greece, I noticed that everyone spoke English with a British accent. Apparently the Greek language is no longer the primary language in that country. Are there any Greeks here on board?
  16. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=327s3lo-q0w When I visited London in the 70's I asked directions to a "bar" from a person on the street who spoke serious Cockney. Did not understand a word they said until they pointed their finger to a place called a "pub".
  17. One of my favorite threads here at the Quit Train was written by Jonny5 regarding pre writing your SOS. Check it out if you feel the urge to pick up a cigarette, it has helped me out several times this week.
  18. I'm glad you have not given up, it takes a strong person to admit defeat and then get back up on the horse. Cudos for your new quit.
  19. That's the spirit!
  20. Hi Sarah, welcome aboard the Quit Train. I am a recent quitter as well so can't be very much help, but there are dozens of veteran quitters here who would love to help you keep your quit, give you support and enjoy your company.
  21. Posted to classifieds: Wanted: My horoscope done by Colleen Born May 16, 1955 at 5:30 am on a Monday, 10 1/2 pounds. My mother had 12 hours of labor before I was born.
  22. Post to classified: Wanted: a new home for me and my cats.
  23. Welcome aboard the Quit Train Suerose, the conductor will be by to punch your ticket soon. In the mean time, enjoy yourself, we are a very happy community here. I'm just a newbie so don't have as much to offer as some of the veterans, but I'm certain they will chime in and help in any way they can.
  24. TAC replied to TAC's topic in Socializing
    Not as good as yours I'm afraid, but they come out all right. I do the evil parboiling thing first because I don't have a decent oven at the moment, then barbecue them like in the picture. Don't know much about rubs, but I do have a long list of spices that I put in the water when boiling. When my oven is working I like to slow cook the ribs at 225 or 250 over night. Wish I had a smoker (not the cigarette kind LOL)
  25. John Asquaga's Nugget (a big casino in Reno) has a huge rib cook off once a year. People take their ribs serious here in Nevada. http://www.nuggetribcookoff.com/ I created this thread to hear how everyone cooks their ribs if you don't mind revealing your recipe's here. LOL Can't imagine that any two members cooks their ribs the exact same way. This is what my ribs look like at the last step in my recipe. Yum!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.