Everything posted by Rozuki
-
Saturday 1st January 2022
NOPE
-
Thursday 30th December 2021
NOPE
-
Wednesday 29th December 2021
NOPE
-
What are you doing right now
Packing! Heading up to Long Island, New York for Christmas....w a pit stop at a friend's in VA first!
-
Friday 17th December 2021
NOPE
-
Congratulations, Devil Doll!!
Congratulations, @Devil Doll the award-winning Nurse!! Celebrate your achievements and KTQ! 😷🎉🏅
-
Thursday 16th December 2021
NOPE
-
Can't quit trying not to but the urge is great.
Welcome, @Tokiea! Yup, quitting is hard. Hardest thing I ever did ,.. but I had no choice. Well, actually I did have a choice...quit or die! Stick w the train. The online support you will get and the knowledge you will learn here are what got many of us through the tough times. I can't stress enough read everything you can here, watch Joel's videos and join in the forums. Knowledge is power! 😷
-
Wednesday 15th December 2021
NOPE
-
Tuesday 14th December 2021
NOPE
-
Monday 13th December 2021
NOPE
-
Christian99 is Twenty Years Smoke Free Today!!!!
Congrats, @Christian99! Just awesome! 20 years quit!! What an achievement! KTQ and enjoy your trip!😷🎉
-
Sunday 12th December 2021
NOPE
-
Chrissy Fare.... what's Christmas Food for you?
When I was younger, we celebrated Christmas Day with my Mom's side of the family. She and her sister and brothers would alternate yearly who would be hosting the event. We would have cold cuts and salads. My Mom was the potato salad queen, her sister was the macaroni salad (with shrimp!) queen, another aunt was the coleslaw queen. The cold cuts would be thin sliced boiled ham, turkey and roast beef all nicely rolled up and put on platters. Rolls and rye bread (seeded/unseeded) fresh from the local bakery. There was a bowl filled w fruit cocktail and some oranges that were quartered. Dessert was two cakes that Mom would bake....one for me and one for my sister as our birthdays were just before and just after Christmas! Devil's food w white icing for me and yellow cake w chocolate icing for my sister. No canned icing either.... Mom made that from scratch... it was the best! Some years it even snowed that day but we never had to cancel the Christmas Party....to me... this was Christmas! 🌲
-
Katgirl is Seven Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Congrats, @Katgirl! Celebrate your achievement and KTQ! 😷🎉
-
Saturday 11th December 2021
NOPE
-
Friday 10th December 2021
NOPE
-
Thursday 9th December 2021
NOPE
-
AceWhite is Ten Months Smoke Free Today!!!
Congrats, @AceWhite! Woo Hoo ... Celebrate your achievement and KTQ! 😷🎉
-
Wednesday 8th December 2021
NOPE
-
Monday 6th December 2021
NOPE
- Sunday 5th December 2021
-
Snow
I think I've done it all! Cigarette stuck to the lips while smoking an unfiltered one...ouch! Lighting the filter end...ugh! Being out somewhere and lighting up ... then placing lit cig in an ashtray...and lighting up a second one! Dropping a lit cig in car while driving....and it rolls under the seat...had to pull over quick for that one! Burn holes in sweaters and jackets...and car mats and seats. How about taking a sip from that soda can while at an outdoor party and whoa! You forgot you were using it as an ashtray ... NASTY!!! One of my uncles once set his car on fire after a night out....on his way home, he threw a lit cig out the driver's window and didn't realize it blew back inside onto the back seat! Parked his car in his driveway and went inside to bed. A neighbor noticed the flames and called fire dept. Car was totaled. He was lucky the gas tank didn't explode and his house didn't burn to the ground!! When I was a kid, my father fell asleep with a lit cig in his hand and set the living room couch on fire ... my bedroom was upstairs and I was dreaming that I was running after a city bus and was choking from the exhaust fumes ... lucky for my family that I woke up, saw lots of smoke in my room and ran downstairs and saw a huge plume of toxic smoke pouring out of the cushion (it was going straight up the stairs!) I was able to wake up my Dad and we dragged that flaming/smoking couch cushion outside and soaked it with the hose. Dad never smoked in the living room again!
-
Saturday 4th December 2021
NOPE
-
What are you doing right now
Update: It has been 1 month since my "big fall" and I am finally feeling pretty good! The black eye is almost gone, the fat lip is gone, the rib pain is gone, the PT for the thumb helped after only 2 sessions...had first PT session this past Monday for my leg (ankle and knee) and after icing it daily the swelling has gone down significantly and have faithfully been doing the exercises given to me by the therapist. He said it would probably be another month before swelling subsides in the foot/ankle and the burning pain I experience intermittently is due to nerves that were damaged in the fall starting to regenerate. We put the tree up and today I actually was out shopping for about 1 1/2 hours ... after which I couldn't wait to get home and elevate my leg and ice it up! Tomorrow I will walk my dog 🐼 for first time since my fall ... but only as far as the end of the 300 ft driveway! The BF will be happy about that!!