Everything posted by Still winning
-
Not an sos. But I smoked today.
You poor love, that sounds like a sad sad place you had to be. Let me offer my sympathies for your friend and of course you. Sounds like you're going through the mill more than your fair share right now, sending virtual hugs and some strength to you. xx I know a lot of us here relapsed and I am not here to pass judgement on something I did myself to you. But I do want to offer this logic in the spirit of I needed to hear it and perhaps it will help you. We will always create a "reason" to smoke, a "I had no choice" scenario. I say this safe in the knowledge that I too created these reasons at all stages of previous quits. While we are still fighting those demons with the just one's and just now's etc, we are at risk. It helped me to actually accept that non smokers and ex smokers alike, also experienced stress and didn't smoke. Oftentimes these never and ex smokers were in the same situation as me too, like in exactly the same place physically or mentally. Make your stand! Draw your line and tell yourself, No matter what, smoking is not on the table, nope, smoking can kiss my ass...whatever your favoured way of propelling yourself forward is because you can do this! We can all do this! Not one of us is less addicted/has a quitting nature/addictive personality - that is all bulls**t that we told ourselves and now need to "unlearn". And then after that, you smoked a couple of puffs, and what?? it's done now. Life is simply too short to dwell on things, understand for yourself why it honestly happened, how to avoid it and move forward. xx
-
WEDNESDAY 2ND SEPTEMBER 2015
nope
-
No Matter What, Right?
No matter what can literally save lives! Great post TEW. It takes a sustained level of commitment to break an addiction that has become so interwoven with your life. Thing is, you will always feel pride at keeping going and it will always be better for you of course.
- Sounding off
-
Sounding off
Ok, I'm going in whoop whoop (that's a submarine noise for the uninitiated)........ I actually don't know where Tracey is from, hasn't she defected to the dark side? Sure it was near Manchester airport though so northern? Doreen is rubbing her hands in glee I see but the liverpuddlians are truly lovely people. Still northern in location. Stu is Scottish, I mean I know we have to call it "british" but that's a group of 4 countries. It's a whole other country :) Lil old me is Southern. Originally from the far reaches of London (outskirts) and now I'm a hobbit (live in the shires, Buckinghamshire) but born and bred London. I'm gonna call us unique :) We have our own way of talking bruv, not the fella's to be messin wiv init. When we wanna catch folk out we switch to slang or cockney rhymes - which were in their day a different line of speaking so that the news boys of old London could converse without the posh folk catching their drift (cathching the meaning of what they said) and it's pretty tricky to switch out of! :) Will try and make more sense but make no promises haha.
-
Sounding off
I wonder if there's even one appropriate present for my 40th next week? My Mum has already told me she's excited and has bought me some cream to sort my face out.... she doesn't see that may sound a little insulting - see earlier quandry about staying sober or just getting drunk when meeting up with mutiples of these fools at the weekend.....
-
Sounding off
PS I wonder who what sonic is doing? Will it ever stop raining here, 3 days now, I need to dry my washing!
-
Sounding off
There is lego everywhere! How do I even sort this? Into sets to make up or into lego type ie wheels and windowns etc. How do I fill up a child having agrowth spurt - all I am doing all day every day is feeding the 9 year old...and she's almost as tall as me already :( Why am I always attracated to tall guys? Is it ok to stand on the bottom stair to tell her off in future so I don't feel like the token midget in the house? Was it "accidently" or time to call a hitman that I announced to the ex that both kids coats were missing - he said he didn't have them - I asked him to check as I would need to buy new coats that day to start school this week - he didn't have them - next day, text saying he found them - hmmmmmm! (I hadn't bought the coats I was just doing a double check!!) Will I make it through alive if I try and do that boxing class again tomoz? Should I get drunk or stay sober at the family wedding I must attend this Saturday? All the crazy and all the disloyal (I have a thing about loyalty) muppets are due...I'm thinking sober - I wonder if I'm growing as a person due to this? I could be here all day lol, I have shedloads of stuff to sound off about ! Haha
- Hi!
-
Where's Waldo (meathead)
I'm in the thick camp but have advanced to a possible understanding of Sonic is chasing a chick....
-
Anyone into yoga
Too giggle :) It's very good for you because it builds core strength where you hold a position for a period of time. Don't worry if you can't do everything, no one ever can as you need to build up gradually but they will totally understand that. And sorry to be blunt but no gas creating foods today to meet yourself half way ;)
-
The Dreams, URG!!
Poor you, they are so intense aren't they, remember waking crying from one once it was so vivid! I'm with babs, means we value the quit and that is kinda re-assuring.
-
Two Years for our Gemzee!
Happy 2 years Gemz. xx
-
Can We Have A Curse It Thread(With warnings) As sometimes I Just Wanna FFFFFFFFFFFF
Isn't it great, my sister posted a link to the others of us on facebook once and it's funny as sin. x
-
Where's Waldo (meathead)
Yep, it's seems to be a white coat we need ;)
-
Today I love....
Today I love that my 5 year old and I were shoe shopping and because we have the money now I'm not burning it, we could buy both pairs of trainers she liked and not have to choose :) Hello Kitty and Minnie Mouse - BOOM! :D (Maybe another lil lady with a shoe collection will be in my house heehee)
-
10 months quit and just ran a half marathon!
Wow Rowly, look how far you've come!! Amazing! Bet it feels awesome, so pleased for you. xx
-
Can We Have A Curse It Thread(With warnings) As sometimes I Just Wanna FFFFFFFFFFFF
Ok, I'm officially fckuing bored of the childrens summer holiday now, they need to go back to school...my happy kiddy voice is running out of steam, go the fukc to sleep at night and get dressed the following day, argh, no it's not a bloody PJ day. T minus 5 sleeps!!
-
Where's Waldo (meathead)
I got nothing......
-
SUNDAY 30TH AUGUST 2015
haha, had to check which day it was, thought it was monday... NOPE :)
-
Jobs and Hobbies
Haha, I only take holidays since I quit, before that I hadn't been anywhere (other then the seaside once in a caravan - sweet mother of god, nope) for 9 years! But if holidaying can be considered a hobby, then yes - part of my continued quit promise is a holiday a year, in this country or abroad and a bucket list has been mentally prepared :) xx
-
Saturday 29th August NOPE
nope
-
Jobs and Hobbies
Job is still on the down low as I am continually training but I am and will be a better Holistic healer. I also organise meet ups for other therapists. Life is pretty busy with children so not loads of hobbies but I go to a gym for fitness and to have an outlet for my excess energy. Motor sports but only on tv for now, my other half goes, I will when the children are older. Other than that I tend to study new subjects that interest me for fun, astrology/healing/angels and have made some new friends that way too. x
-
Is Vaping Okay? Seems to be working for me...
I think as a tool to get to a quit, all roads lead to rome and it's not like we aren't doing damage smoking anyway right?! Some things cause bigger health implications and the lack of info on Vaping worried me if I'm honest but I still tried an e cig and would have pursued it if it had worked for me, but everyone is different so if it's working for you then why not. I am a "whatever works" kinda chick and I did chantix which is a whackload of tablets that threatened as a side effect I might wanna top myself (all good, didn't get that feeling thank goodness), and honestly, I'd take them again if I got the end result of a quit so take from that what you will. Massive congrats on day 1 free of the cigs and for the start of a wonderful journey :) Welcome home. xx
-
Thursday 27 August NOPE
nope