Everything posted by IndigoChilde
-
Any Stephan King lovers in here?
I love reading Stephan King, even though I've only read the Dark Tower Series, Eyes of the Dragon, Misery, and am working on Carrie. I'm finding Carrie a little tougher to get through in the beginning, but I'm sure it will soon draw me in like the others. Oh, I've also read his book On Writing, since I'm an aspiring writer myself.
-
Decided to quit smoking
Thanks guys. Starting Day 2 like a fresh new start. Seeing if I can manage my cravings better. But I don't know if it's the bupropoin or the withdrawls, but I've been having very strange dreams. None of smoking yet.
-
Wednesday 3rd January 2016
NOPE. And did anyone else notice it says January?
-
Decided to quit smoking
I actually followed my mom out to watch her smoke. She offered me her cig and told me one sip wouldn't hurt. I wanted to believe it so bad. But I told her not even one sip. She sent me back inside the house and not to watch. But I wanted to watch so badly and I don't know why.
-
Should I quit today?
Yup, I've watched the videos. So far I'm doing alright. I keep getting that feeling of "I want a cigarette" But keep telling myself "you're a non-smoker now. Quit like you mean it." And that's been helping. So far I've been awake for 3.5 hours and haven't taken a puff.
-
Post a Song you Like
All Along the Watchtower - Bear McCreary https://youtu.be/BigolJfoANw?t=2m8s
-
Find the #1 Song On The Day You Were Born
Up Where We Belong by Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes https://www.youtube.com/embed/95QoDc_obN8
-
Quit Date
Today's my quit date. I woke up with an almost irresistible urge to smoke, and it's lingering as a mild want to smoke even now. I keep telling myself I'm glad I'm a non-smoker and that I'm going to quit like I mean it. It goes away for a few minutes, then creeps back up on me. My goal is to at least make it to the smoking cessation class tonight where there will be people there in the same class that are quitting at the same time. Plus saying goodbye to cigarettes for good with a funeral and a eulogy. I know, it sounds silly and a little stupid, but it's what the class requires so I'm going with it. I haven't been on buproprion for the full week I was supposed to be taking it. I got the prescription a little bit late. But I'm hoping there's enough in my system to beat this monster back easier.
-
Should I quit today?
Today's the big day!
-
Decided to quit smoking
First thing this morning I woke up and wanted a smoke. I've never done that before. But I told myself NOPE, I'm a non-smoker now. Quit like you mean it. Then went and made some coffee.
-
Tuesday 2nd February 2016
NOPE
-
Should I quit today?
I bought the book just last night and have been spending all morning reading it.
-
Should I quit today?
We're supposed to be grieving the aspects that kept us smoking in the first place. The constant companionship, being there when you need it, etc. And a funeral is supposed to bring closure and help us say goodbye to that aspect of smoking.
-
I am....
I am happy I am inspired I am coming up on my quit date (only one more day!) I am feeling like I can do this I am the Indigo Childe!
-
Decided to quit smoking
As part of our quit smoking program we had to pick one place where we wouldn't smoke anymore. I picked the car. Mom pulled out cigarettes in the car on Friday and told me to light one for her and I told her I couldn't smoke in the car. I was very proud of myself. Mom accepted that 'we' needed to cut down on smoking and put the cigarettes away. I really thought I was going to give in, but I didn't. So far, so good.
-
Newbie
The hardest part of the program for me was picking a place not to smoke, and I chose the car. I'm fine in my dad's car, but I'm soooo used to smoking in my mom's car. I was very proud of myself when mom asked me to light one up for her and I told her I can't smoke in the car. But I reeeeeaaally wanted to. I don't have my own car right now, but I'm planning on getting a car that doesn't have an ash tray. And I don't carry cigarettes with me anymore so I can't smoke when I'm out and about.
-
Should I quit today?
I can't throw away everything because my mom still smokes. But in smoking cessation class we will be having a 'funeral' for our smoking stuff. I picked out a lighter, a portable ashtray, and one cigarette to bury. We're also supposed to have a eulogy to help grieve the loss of smoking and to say goodbye forever.
-
Should I quit today?
Thanks, Sunnyside. I'll do that.
-
Should I quit today?
I've decided to follow my quit plan and quit Feb 2 as planned. I think that will be best in preventing a relapse.
-
Should I quit today?
I was wondering if I should quit today or wait until my quit date. It's only a few days away anyway though the buproproin hasn't had a full 7 days to take effect. But the support I see on here and another quit board are so wonderful, it's inspiring me to try quitting anyway.
-
Newbie
Advice given to me was develop a slogan to quit smoking. Mine is "Quit like you mean it." And saying several times a day "I used to smoke." It's helped me out a lot in cutting back on my smoking.
-
Decided to quit smoking
Congratulations! I just hope to make it past the first week. I'm not sure if I'm going to last a day. But I keep telling myself I can do it, and cutting back is getting easier and easier.
-
Decided to quit smoking
Thanks! My dad told me once you quit you can't take another puff or you'll start smoking all over again.
-
Decided to quit smoking
I've made my quit date Feb 2. I'm currently in a non-smoking class. My dad is an ex-smoker of 3 years and is my support in this. My mom's still smoking and has no plans to quit. I just started buproprion to help me quit smoking.