Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IndigoChilde

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IndigoChilde

  1. What's a CT? Is that a Cat scan?
  2. Dad helped me talk to mom and the next day mom hid the cigarettes. In a moment of desperation, I actually looked for them. I can't find them anywhere.
  3. IndigoChilde posted a blog entry in IndigoChilde's Blog
    Yesterday was a lot of crying, frustration, and anger. But strangely few actual cravings. When they did come, they were strong though. I felt like each craving was running me over with a truck. I almost broke down and asked mom where she hid the cigarettes. I didn't though. I just went for a few walks and went upstairs for no real reason. I'd actually walk up there, walk back and forth a bit, then come back downstairs. Having the TV on helps a little so long as it's interesting. With cable and over 800 channels you'd think something interesting would be on.
  4. This is my fourth day as a non-smoker and I feel really tired and thirsty. I've heard both are normal. Thankfully I have the luxury of just laying down under the covers on the couch and watching TV. As soon as I get more energy I'll probably be going for walks and working on my children's book.
  5. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  6. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    0
  7. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    0
  8. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    2
  9. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    0
  10. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    0
  11. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    1
  12. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    4
  13. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    7
  14. IndigoChilde posted a blog entry in IndigoChilde's Blog
    So tonight is our follow-up class to see how we're doing in our smoking cessation. The day is passing by so slowly compared to the last few days. And with being thirsty all the time, I'm having to use the bathroom all the time. I'm trying to be cheerful about quitting smoking, but I feel miserable.
  15. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    9
  16. I write science fiction and fantasy mostly, but recently I finished the words for a children's book and am currently working on the illustrations for it. One of my favorite things King said in On Writing was that most books on writing have a lot of bs. I'm finding it's true about any "how to" book. I can see things and places where it could really be trimmed down.
  17. Congratulations on one month!
  18. Does anyone else have this incredible thirst? It's like I can never get enough water.
  19. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    7
  20. I don't read as often either. And I've got a list of books to read. I loved the Dark Tower series. The biggest problem is after Wizard and Glass, he got into an accident and didn't think he was going to write again. Then he started writing I think The Green Mile, and books started after that. He got so much fan mail about The Dark Tower that he started writing them again and the last three books all came out rather quickly one after the other.
  21. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    8
  22. IndigoChilde posted a blog entry in IndigoChilde's Blog
    Made it through day 1 and am now working through day 2. I'm thinking back to the mistakes I made before (going out in the garage where the cigarettes are, forgetting my deep breathing exercises) and going over them in my head. Making new plans for the day. This time I don't have a 2 hour class before bedtime to keep me occupied in the last hours of the day, which I swear are the worst. So I'm thinking about watching a movie and relaxing before bed. Hope all goes well today.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.