Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IndigoChilde

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IndigoChilde

  1. Nice tattoos! I'd like to get one someday. Did they hurt?
  2. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  3. Glad to hear they're all gonna be okay!
  4. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2
  5. Aw, I'm sorry dear. This time just hold on. You've learned from your past mistakes, identified them and how you feel. Just don't allow yourself to get back into the same smoking routine. That'll make it worse when you quit again. Wait to smoke for 10 mins after your trigger, and tell yourself you used to smoke, even if you're smoking right now. It'll help your mind prepare for the new quit.
  6. Just take the day one craving at a time, and do your best not to focus on it.
  7. Weird. Maybe it's just me.
  8. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -16
  9. I got a 404 Page Not Found.
  10. Apparently they have kits, but you need at least 8 guests to play on this one site I came from. But it gave me some idea of what to do. You send out invites with each person's character in it and a small summary of the night. Then when your guests arrive, you give them a rundown of the description. Then you let them mingle around in character. Then someone dies, and the guests try to find out who it was. At the end of the night the murderer is announced. Prizes are given out for best dressed and stuff, and of course, figuring out the murderer. At some point I think I'm going to buy one of the kits and see if there's a way for me to shrink it down.
  11. Oh! I forgot to mention. My mom cleaned out her van of the mobile ashtray and her lighters so she's no longer smoking in the car either.
  12. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -14
  13. Happy Birthday!
  14. Thank you all! My father's getting me a Fitbit so I'll go out and walk more too. Which I hear is good to do when you're quitting smoking.
  15. Well, went to my son's birthday party. It was them, the parents (you know, me and the ex) and grandparents (though my dad was working and couldn't be there). And normally I'm the one saying "okay, we gotta go" because I want to have a smoke. This time I just had a great time following like, three different conversations (two sons and the adults), eating, and listened to how Bizarre Foods has changed my son. My younger son, Alex, has cleaned, cooked, and eaten some worms and a grub. I got to see video of him eating the grub. We were eating some mussels and he commented that it tasted like the grub. Gee, thanks kid. Oh, but tripe and chicken's feet were too gross to eat. But the eyeballs of the shrimp weren't. He didn't like the fried shrimp, but he enjoyed the eyeballs.
  16. Well, make the NOPE pledge every day and keep us updated.
  17. Hi KarenLou and welcome to the board! I think everyone else got the information covered. And if you can afford it, read Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr. It's cheapest on Kindle and I think they have a reader for your computer if you don't have a kindle. I find reading is a good way to stay busy so long as the book can keep you engaged. Right now I'm kinda in the tired phase of my quit, but I go to the computer and these forums sometimes to stay busy.
  18. Does anyone know how to plan and run one of these? They seem interesting, but I've never been to one or run one. I have run a few live action role plays, though.
  19. Your hubby should join us on the board as well!
  20. Today is my son's birthday party. His birthday is a few days away. He was getting on my case and nagging me about not smoking. I always told him I was cutting back (and I was) but I didn't quit yet. My greatest embarrassment was going outside to smoke while my kids were at my house (I don't live with them) for Christmas Eve. I normally wait until they leave or I leave before I light up. But this time, right in the middle of the party, I couldn't take it anymore and smoked. Now today I'm going to be able to sit down with my boys and tell them I haven't smoked in a week, and I won't have the craving to leave the party to go smoke. I can't think of anything better for my 1 week.
  21. IndigoChilde replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -9
  22. I'd been trying to get mom to quit with me, but she just won't. I can only hope her seeing me quit she'll stop all together. But right now she's just cutting back little by little. My reward is going to be going to my son's birthday party and being able to tell him mommy still doesn't smoke. That's enough for me.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.