Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rewards

Featured Replies

A year ago, my doctor picked up that I had high blood pressure & I've been on meds since. Even on meds its remained quite high. Doc tested again 2 days ago & for the first time for a year, my blood pressure read perfect!

After lots of other tests, Doc picked up high blood sugar levels, high cholesterol & irregular heart readings. None are dangerously high, getting more tests done but doc isn't overly worried.

All of the above would just keep getting worse if hadn't of quit at this point of time. I mentioned the acid reflux, diarrhea since quitting. She assured me its from detoxing after being a smoker for so long & the symptoms will gradually fade.

She suggested to have two tablespoons of full fat Greek yoghurt for the diarrhea, I tried it & it works :)

That's great that you have some medical advice on the symptoms that were bothering you. What about your acid reflux? Did she give you any particular instruction as to relieving that or is that a just wait it out thing? As I recall, that was once of your big concerns in terms of quit symptoms.

  • Author

She suggested Gaviscon for acid reflux & its helping a lot

HN

 

That's great news about your BP. The rewards just keep coming as your quit time accumulates.

  • Author

Yes, its very encouraging. Its been such a bumpy ride over the past 3 weeks.

Battling bouts of depression at the moment and working on my thoughts to stop it from getting worse

I suffered gastritis and reflux as a result of smoking - I even had to go so far as having a tube down my throat in my stomach and biposies taken.  It was jusut recurrent gastritis, and it appears to have resolved since giving up.  I think your nurse is right Helpneeded, in your case you are detoxing.  Mixing quarter of a teaspoon of bicarbonate (baking) soda in a small glass of water can help.  There is also DGL liquorice sweets.

 

Good luck.  :)

  • Author

Yes,I've been using bicarb for heartburn for years,it just wasn't enough for acid reflux. The reflux has started to get better each day.

I recently bought some liquorice & having a few pieces each day...yum!

I have turned my home into a drug rehabilitation unit :)

Doing all the right things & biding my time until this quit gets stronger than the nicotine monster

don't eat too much ordinary liquorice!  it can dangerously raise your blood pressure.  DGL liquorice is fine though.  :)

  • Author

Oh OK, thanks for the warning. What is DGL liquorice?

  • Author

What a gruesome thought...15 years from now if I had not quit...

This is a good way to look at it to make us more determined to stick with our quit!!

  • Author

Thank you...really appreciate the support & encouragement from you all

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.