I forgot to think about smoking! Yay!

PixelSketch

OK, this is the first time this has happened since I quit!! Even those moments where I wasn't craving one, it was constantly on my mind in some way, even if it was just "I'm not smoking, I'm not smoking..."

Today, wrapping up a work project into the wee hours of the night, I suddenly realized that I hadn't thought about smoking for ages!  :D So, there's hope!! It's exhausting to always have it on your mind, even when you don't want one. For me, this is the first sign that a future without thinking of smoking really, truly does exist. Looking forward to more and more moments like this.

Off to bed, but doing a happy dance. Had to share - to those wondering if you're ever not going to think about it - yeah, the time will come. Hang in there!!  :yes:  :good3:

• Like 5

You get enough repetitions under your belt and eventually not smoking feels as normal as smoking once did.

With time, patience, and persistence the process becomes instinctive.

• Like 4

I know what you mean PS. Dealing with constant thoughts of smoking, not smoking and everything that goes along with it does get exhausting. I have just begun to have time when it's not constantly on my mind as well so I know how you feel. Pretty nice to know for yourself there is "life without smoking"! Keep it up and be on guard still for when something unusual happens. That's when things can get interesting again. Otherwise, enjoy!!

• Like 4

I know what you mean PS. Dealing with constant thoughts of smoking, not smoking and everything that goes along with it does get exhausting. I have just begun to have time when it's not constantly on my mind as well so I know how you feel. Pretty nice to know for yourself there is "life without smoking"! Keep it up and be on guard still for when something unusual happens. That's when things can get interesting again. Otherwise, enjoy!!

Excellent! You're on your way. :) Funny how a few short weeks ago I couldn't picture "life without smoking"! And now, I'm starting to see that not only is it possible, it's really really good! Keeping on guard and enjoying the hell out of it too. :) Now I just want everyone to feel like this too! :)