Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trying something new

Featured Replies

Hello all...this is my upteenth millionth time trying to quit. It's been almost 48 hours. I thought I'd try one an online support system as well. This past couple of years I have discovered running and want to continue with it and run farther. This is one of my motivations to quit. Also, I'd like to live forever! I am currenlty using the patch and I think it's helping. My days so far are "ok"....cravings kick in but I have been able to wait them out. The hardest time is first thing in the morning, so I am working on changing my morning routine. Anyways, hope it works this time!!

God start. Lots of help here. Post and read a lot. That will get your mind off it and give you something to do.

NOPE. Not one puff ever

Congrats and smart move to try this place.  It's proved helpful to many.  Stay close, read, post often, it all helps. 

Welcome aboard trace...congrats on your great decision to quit the poison sticks..

Running has helped a good few here..

After 3 days nicotine has left your body...

Education ..its a great tool to work with..there is heaps of great stuff to read here,to help you along your journey.

The folks that stay close ,post often ..are the ones who succeed...

We are here to help...x

Welcome ;) All sounding good so far. Post when you need too.

Every time you think you want to smoke, go run an all-out, full-speed, race pace mile. A sucking wind, oxygen debt, exceeding VO2-Max, gasping for air, as fast as you can mile.

 

Betcha won't still want a smoke for a while.

 

It's how The Sarge quit ... and he's still running the occasional full-monte, 26.2 marathon more than 5 years later.

 

You can buy a killer treadmill for less than the first 6-month's worth of savings from not purchasing smokes daily.

 

 

 

Easy Peasy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.