Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Not a book..not a movie...not a song....

Featured Replies

Podcasts!!

I'm a new junkie, and I indulge my ears every chance I get.

Any of y'all listen to podcasts? Which ones?

I came across a podcast called "Walking The Floor with Chris Shiflett" this week and have been binge listening the last few days.  Shiflett is the guitar player for the Foo Fighters and interviews musicians from several different genres.

 

"The Joe Rogan Experience" is the show that got me into podcasts and I still listen on a fairly regular basis.

 

I like both of Dan Carlin's podcasts: "Common Sense" and "Hardcore History."

 

I also like "Freakonomics Radio."

 

"Mind Pump" offers up solid, BS free fitness advice.  Sal, Justin, and Adam manage to offer great, research based information while also working in some fart and boner jokes.  I appreciate that.

 

"Norm Macdonald Live" is the funniest podcast I have ever listened to.  Norm doesn't stick to any set schedule though, so you just have to take them as they come.

  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Oh so many of them...

1. Stuff you should know

2. Stuff they don't want you to know

3. Spirits - Hilarious, this one

4. Potterless - if you are a Harry Potter fan, be prepared to take some on the gut, but the points raised are quite relevant. Also the host hates Quidditch, and now I'm not sure I understand why I liked it too :p

5. Hidden Brain by NPR

6. Star Talk - Neil DeGrasse Tyson at his astronomical best

 

there are many more, and I discover new ones each week....

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.