Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The neighborhood Cafe

Featured Replies

  • Replies 215
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I am just home from taking care of my friend with Parkinson's while his Saintly wife was away for a few days. What a horrible disease...  well, there isn't a good disease is there. I am knackered.  

  • Doreensfree
    Doreensfree

    Our lovely son...has just informed me....get dad any you ready mama....the kids and I are talking you out for a evening meal tonight...I brought up this boy right lol...x

  • Me !!!!!....on the Brooklyn Bridge ...

Going out tonight with the girlies on the town...food,wine,and a comedy play..spare knickers in my bag..

 

Packing in spare pants...Aw, hell yeah!  It's gonna be that kinda night!

  • Author

Packing in spare pants...Aw, hell yeah!  It's gonna be that kinda night!

 

Are these spare undergarments ?  I will have to look into this because as a commando...the wetness doesn't ruin clothes it just runs down into my boot, nobody is the wiser.  :P

 

Spare clothes means, you know you are spending the night and don't want to emerge from his crib in the morning, wearing your glitz from the night before because you are hiding something.

 

Someday, I will learn how to behave.  I know y'all have information to share.  :)

 

 Doreen hasn't failed us yet !

Had a brilliant night...

Well done the cast...only a scouser would have appreciated the humour..

Didn't need extra pants...just tissues...

For my tears of laughter ..what else..?....

Only down side...it was bloody raining yet again...x

  • Author

I'm glad you clarified your need for tissues and so glad you had a good time !

Spare clothes means, you know you are spending the night and don't want to emerge from his crib in the morning, wearing your glitz from the night before because you are hiding something.

 

I've heard talk of the "walk of shame", but don't understand the concept.  It's one of the upsides to having no shame.

 

giphy.gif

  • Author

I have no shame either.   :)

One Early morning, emerging from a hotel way out of my neighborhood with an out of town musician friend,

a police car pulled up (no lights or siren)  and Henry The Cop grinned and asked if I was alright.  

Then a cabbie, we called, 'The Book of Knowledge',  pulled up and asked the same,

another cabbie, I think it was Wild Bill,  passed waving and beeped his horn.

 

Mister Music asked, 'What was that... your 9th ward Escort Service ?'

 

By the time I got back to my neighborhood bar,  everyone had heard many versions of my activities.  :D

Boo..I'm here at suck creek..doing well...oops just fell in..

 

Good clean fun to be had on The Suck and North Chick.  Hopefully, we'll have a rainy Fall.

 

giphy.gif

Hoping for rain.?....we don't have to hope here ..we get rain all the flippin time...

 

These guys from your neck of the woods (Warrington) have the right idea.  No water, no problem.

 

Now...this is more like it....won't get my hair wet...

You wanna give me a push ?

Actually I have been on something like this...when I stole my grandson's scooter off him and had a go..

The look on his face and my son's was priceless..

  • Author

To my surprise and delight, the City Council responded to my pleas about the Rat Explosion.

They will have my 48 hour photo essay in their in-boxes tomorrow.

The City Attorney is now involved, I guess Rats are a sexy enough issue.

 

Actually I have been on something like this...when I stole my grandson's scooter off him and had a go..

The look on his face and my son's was priceless..

 

My nephew challenged me to ride his scooter a few years ago.  I figured out the whole forward momentum thing.  The stopping thing, not so much.  At least I was able to point it in the direction of grass which made for a softer fall.

Kids today have it all..this is what we had..lol..

 

I had a .22 rifle and lawn darts.  To mom and dad's credit, they always made sure I had health insurance.

 

I also had big dreams and an idol growing up...

Your the same age ,as my son...he was his idol too..

I remember the police bringing him home one day..he had gone right over the handle bars ..and his top teeth went right

Through his bottom lip..my poor boy..

Your the same age ,as my son...he was his idol too..

I remember the police bringing him home one day..he had gone right over the handle bars ..and his top teeth went right

Through his bottom lip..my poor boy..

 

"Bones heal, pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars"  --Evel Knievel 

 

Viva Knievel!

I have Nana duties today...

Looking after 2 grandkiddies ,while their mum and dad are at work...nice meal out later...

Sam has brought his football.and rugby ball...I quess Nana is going to be running around alot..yaaa

Perfect time to show off some fancy footwork Doreen...

 

  • Author

A nice hotel in the French Quarter, salt water pool, nice cozy bar.  NO Rats.

I am a Hero on my street. I know The City Attorney by name now.

The Restaurant is now being responsible.  

 

Many rats met their demise in snap traps, 

others poisoned and in crawl space under house.

Hence, a Nice Hotel.

 

1960s-RatPack1-350.jpg

  • Author

Eau du Rodentia is slowly fading.  Fans blowing over bowls of white vinegar, trays of baking soda.

I will be so happy when Rat Saga is over.

 

Doreen, are you feeling better ?

 

Boo, that is the best gif., thanks.

and thank you for not cheating in Sticks/Chicks.

 

S

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.