Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Post Your Numbers Here ;)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 6.1k
  • Views 483.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

16   In 1976, Cosimo did the final mix on a 45 my first husband and I released.  It was like touching God watching him work.

               I also shop at the grocery store where he used to hold court, his son's run it.

                 He was so genuine and always humble and kind.  

He was seminal in American Music, without him, Rock & Roll would have had very different sound.  

               I have a  2 boxed set (8 cds) on Proper Records, The Cosimo Matassa Story.

              Just looking at the song list gives you an idea.

17

S you just sound like one of those cool people that I want to hang out with! 

I am going to have to make it to NOLA soon! 

18  Flights leave daily, Doll.  Welcome anytime.

19.  You  (and me too!)

        have heard lots of his work without knowing it,  

I was amazed at the Boxed set...a huge amount of work !

        It is going to be a huge Jazz Funeral for sure.

18

It's a great tradition in NOLA to celebrate a life. 

20

yes Jazz Funerals are beautiful.  

When the brass band plays so mournfully to the cemetery, dirges and 'take a closer walk with thee' et al.

Then, after the burial, when they 'cut the body loose' and play 'Saints' and 'I'll Fly Away' and other rousing numbers

and you are out there marching, dancing, drinking, crying, and laughing at mortality.  

It is a great celebration.

I need to ferret away some ducats for mine. 

0

 

I have always wanted to see that! I've only seen it in films and have thought how amazing it must be in real life. 

I've marched in two for dearly departed and have watched a bunch. 

It really gave me a giant dose of mortality and the antidote too.

I think Cosimos is going to be WAY too BIG to march in, probably too big to even find a spot to watch.

For sure it will be filmed.

-2
I hadn't heard of that.  I know that if you put atoms in a very strong magnetic field that you can use radio waves to flip them to align with the magnet.  This is the basis of MRI. 

-1      I forgot which side I was playing on  :D

-2 do they get to cheat like sticks ? :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.