Shark Week 8/10

Devil Doll

I have a party for shark week kickoff, anyone else? :D I am so glad that they have steered towards conservation and I hope that they kick it up more this year. 

We will be making cupcakes on Saturday for the festivities! 

• Like 5

Photos of the cupcakes please DD!

I definitely will! We are making the fins today! :D

I put it on the QT calendar as a reminder a while back so we could all celebrate!  I may even  have to bring Dory out for a visit.

*snipped for space*

I saw! I commented, lmao! 

fc439f31120ee3651b0a155b87bb9c59.jpg   :)  :)  :)  ;)

Sharksavers.org  SharkAngels.org 

As long as we dont have to watch sharknado films ;)

http://youtu.be/Ib2ubOWRmFw (My husband actually has that scene tattooed on him, yes we are strange people). 

We have Shark-shark, we have Bat-shark, and now we also have...

catfish~0.jpg

That looks like the cheshire cat gone terribly wrong. 

• Like 1

Sharknado was more realistic than the garbage that they put on Sunday night. :(

I am going to vent here for a minute being that it is the shark week thread. In shark weeks past they focuses on different species, sometimes attacks, Air Jaws and other random truth related specials. Last year they had a lot of attack shows with some conservation sprinkled in. I thought that this year they would amp up the awareness on conserving sharks considering many species are on the brink of extinction because of the shark fin trade. I do not expect videos of how brutal a death these animals suffer but I did think that instead of sensationalizing shark attacks (that rarely occur) they would raise awareness about efforts being made to save these animals from being wiped from the planet. 

As you can tell I am a little disappointed with the Discovery channel this year. :(

truth_zpsef82fb34.jpg

It's funny, I never knew there was a shark week until I quit smoking and DD told me....Another benefit to the quit?!  lol

Ha ha welcome to my world of obscure causes....

Soooo you've never seen this commercial? :D

• Like 1

Well, It certainly has been an interesting shark week.  I learned much about sharks and also that I may never swim in the ocean again.  just kidding!

Sharks are an important part of the "system" clearly.   I hope that shining the spotlight does raise awareness and that senseless killing will be stopped.

Don't even get me started on the bear baiting that goes on where I live.  Cruel, cruel.

• Like 1

I don't like the senseless killing of any animals. People are assholes.

I vented on how this particular shark week sat with me but I do understand that it is all about ratings. There is always next year. :)

• Like 1