Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Strategic Quit Planning - Choosing the time of day for your quit

Featured Replies

I chose my quit time to be 6:30pm (16 days ago).  This wasn't a randomly chosen time.  By choosing 6:30pm, it was late enough in the day that since I immediately showered after that last smoke, there would not be so many waking hours left in the day that I would feel like going out to buy more cigarettes, because then I would have to shower again.  The advantage to this was that when I woke up the next morning, I could tell myself I already had a half day under my belt.  I was already thinking in terms of being an ex-smoker, not in terms of whether I had the strength to start my quit.  AND, all I had to do was not smoke for 12 hours (until 6:30pm) and I would be able to say I had 1 day of the chemical withdraw over with.  Much better than waking up and thinking I have 3 full days to go and wondering if I even had the strength to get started.  Psychologically, knowing I was only 12hrs from having 1 day over with really meant a lot to me.  And after going that 12hrs, at 6:30pm, I immediately put a red X on my calendar so I could go to bed knowing I was already into my second day.

 

The point?  Plan your quit, do it strategically. 

Great post @JustinHoot99, the time starts as soon as you put out that last cigarette. I quit at 10:15 pm. Right before bedtime and truth be told, I actually quit around 5:00pm but proceeded to smoke all the butts in the ashtrays before cleaning them once and for all! So I agree the time you pick is a good idea.

I wanted to let you know also about our tickers that you can add to your signature. Its a great way to watch all the time, money and cigarettes NOT smoked add up 😊 There's a tab at the top of the page if you'd like to make one for your signature 😊

Good plan for quitting!! Stay close and read other post. Lots of good support and good people!!

Welcome!!!

Yep. Same. I had last cigarette of the night and woke up a quitter! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.