Rough morning

Linda

Really struggling this morning!!! Life kinda sucks right now.. I'm trying very hard to change that attitude  but seems to be getting harder. Even with all the great suggestions and kind words from this group it just plain sucks!!! My daily rant!!!

Hi Linda

life does suck in the early days of quitting, it really does take all our focus and determination to stay quit, and you have to really really want it more, than you want to smoke. I kept telling myself, no one was making me quit, it was my choice, and if I smoke, I know I will regret it, and then I would have had to start again.

Hang on to what you have , do anything to preserve your quit. Have a cry, have a walk, go on YouTube and read about people with stage four lung cancer or emphysema. Put some music on and dance like no one is watching!  Eat something, read everything here.

I know it’s tough, but just try to steer your thoughts elsewhere, and it will pass. Breath deeply. Stay here chatting, it really helps.

x

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, catlover said:

Hi Linda

life does suck in the early days of quitting, it really does take all our focus and determination to stay quit, and you have to really really want it more, than you want to smoke. I kept telling myself, no one was making me quit, it was my choice, and if I smoke, I know I will regret it, and then I would have had to start again.

Hang on to what you have , do anything to preserve your quit. Have a cry, have a walk, go on YouTube and read about people with stage four lung cancer or emphysema. Put some music on and dance like no one is watching!  Eat something, read everything here.

I know it’s tough, but just try to steer your thoughts elsewhere, and it will pass. Breath deeply. Stay here chatting, it really helps.

x

Thanks I know. How important is for me I already have lung issues. The stress of that right now is making it harder

It always seems harder to quit when you know you have to, rather than just quitting on a whim!  I knew it was time for me to quit, when I started having chest pains, struggling to breath whilst walking uphill, and having to keep stopping. Having endless sore throats, but still sucking lozenges and forcing myself to carry on smoking, it was crazy. The money it was taking up too, no:fun having to keep finding £70 a week for all that crap!!

Work out how much you spent a week, and make sure you treat yourself to something  each week, it doesn’t have to cost what the smoking did, but it really helps you keep motivated, and lovely to have something nice, even if it’s a small treat.

Keep focussed .

• Like 2

Try reminding yourself Linda that "this too shall pass". I said that over and over again in my early days. I also kept reminding myself that there was no way I wanted to have to go through those crappy days again!

You've done it enough to know you don't either so use that as fuel to propel you forward 🤗

• Like 3

Thanks Jillar, you are right about that. I also seen the pulmonologist yesterday and that was kinda depressing. I told him he scared the shit out of me and his response was you should be,that's my job!!!  You have got to quit smoking like I didn't already know that

• Like 4

I had to Quit to because I was told by my Dr ,I was about to have my feet amputated.....

Smoking effects every part of your body ....

Just take it one day at a time ...one minute if you have too....we can promise you ...

It really does get better ...one day you will get up ,and all you will want it to fight for your quit ...

It becomes very precious ....that's after me smoking 52 years ....

• Like 3

Linda, just wait until you wake up one morning and you don't think of smoking first thing! I'll never forget that first day, it was so awesome that FINALLY the constant everyday thought wasn't there! We want you to have that too :) 

• Like 3

Linda  - you're nearly a month quit! Good for you!!

Honestly it was just yesterday that I didn't wake up wanting that cigarette. The craving is still there every day, but I feel like they are getting a little easier to move past. I have just kept telling myself that I am no longer a smoker. That's it. No option to smoke because I'm a nonsmoker now.

I had COPD, chronic asthma and bronchitis, but have only used my rescue inhaler a handful of times since I quit and that's after using it 3 or 4 times PER DAY, pre quit.  

Stay on the train - you can do it!

• Like 4