Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reasons..

Featured Replies

My health, my time, my grand babies, life ! Life with NO SMOKING! I can do this!!!!!

Hello Parsley !

YES YOU CAN quit smoking.

We can help a little, encourage you and celebrate each crave you beat with you.

How are you feeling ?

  • Author

Feel pretty good really, I swear even though day one, I feel this is the ONE!  Different, not I can't smoke, dont wanna. I truly am sick of it...the smell, the time sucking, health sucking, money sucking b.s.!!!! Degrading to be a smoker ! Hate it!

You are spot on !  It is degrading to be a smoker...I think we lost all kinds of self respect by smoking.  Well, addiction does that...no surprise there.

YOU are going to LOVE being free, Parsley.

You will realize just how powerful you are and re-claim your body and your mind and your life.

I am excited for you and it sounds like you are too..."I feel this is the ONE!"

Fabulous.

 

 

  • Author

This IS the one!  I know it! But I also know I need this forum, the support and accountability..

30 minutes ago, Parsley said:

This IS the one!  I know it! But I also know I need this forum, the support and accountability..

 

I am so happy you found us, Parsley.

We have lots of successful quitters old and new who will help shine a light for you.

Don't forget to have some fun, too !

S

5 hours ago, Parsley said:

My health, my time, my grand babies, life ! Life with NO SMOKING! I can do this!!!!!

 

Hey Parsley, yes the time is now and the reasons are perfect. Great to have you here. 

Hi Parsley...

Congrats on making the decision to take your life back...

Yes you can do it...

Belonging to a forum made all the difference to my sticky quit....

Read all you can here...it will give you the tools to succeed...

Join our daily NOPE thread..it's a great place to start your day...

Looking forward to getting to know you better ..

11 hours ago, Parsley said:

Feel pretty good really, I swear even though day one, I feel this is the ONE!  Different, not I can't smoke, dont wanna. I truly am sick of it...the smell, the time sucking, health sucking, money sucking b.s.!!!! Degrading to be a smoker ! Hate it!

 

Hello parsley, great to have you hear and you sound like I did at the begining of my final quit.. Those were all there for me too... 

 

You got this, now nail it to the floor, we will be with you every step of the way ?

On 8/25/2018 at 10:43 PM, Parsley said:

Feel pretty good really, I swear even though day one, I feel this is the ONE!  Different, not I can't smoke, dont wanna. I truly am sick of it...the smell, the time sucking, health sucking, money sucking b.s.!!!! Degrading to be a smoker ! Hate it!

 

I said pretty much the exact same thing when I tried to quit last time. I thought I was so tired of all the BS related to smoking. I thought I could quit.

Well, almost 11 months later, I guess I was right.

 

So for you, before long, if not already, the night time lung rattling will stop, taste and smell will recover (be ready to enjoy food again), blood pressure will eventually drop to something healthy, and it will seem like you have a little more money than usual. Your life will have a lot less daily interruptions to go smoke.

 

And just think, you are ALREADY reaping a few benefits of quitting. Oh yes, benefits come quick. Day three? So if you are in America, you have saved at least $15. Plus it should be easier to breathe at night, AND isn't food starting to taste a little better? Oh and yeah - though there are craves, all the nicotine is out of your system by now.

 

Please do not throw it away.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.