Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A-Z "Topic Of The Day"

Featured Replies

Me being the icing on the cake

 

Wraps up how special the tail end of the  60's was..???

 

 

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • notsmokinjo
    notsmokinjo

    Virginity.... but at least chicks get to keep the box it came in.

  • Wee fluffy me
    Wee fluffy me

    Hot hot hot chillies...   Cos the lack of a serious toilet could get a bit messy...??

  • notsmokinjo
    notsmokinjo

    @Wee fluffy me please tell me that's one of your pets?   White.... and here's a picture of a polar bear having relations with an albino horse in the snow:          

Posted Images

Nancy & Frank Sinatra - Somethin Stupid

 

Just to go back for a moment the M cherry on the fluffy icing on the cake was

 

Motown

  • Author

(My K would have been The Kinks... who (frick I hope Dooreen doesn't spy on us in here) are way better than the lads from liverpool).

 

Muhammad Ali changes his name from Cassius Clay after winning 3 heavy wait titles from Sonny Liston in 64... and a whole new era of boxing was born.

 

 

^^^ I was expecting you were thinking of The Kinks when you were chatting with Fluffy.

 

Are you not meant to be posting an O though?

  • Author

OH... it didn't take me to this page..... thought I was back behind L....

 

Occy is born.... Legendary Aussie surfer Mark "Occy" Occhilipo is born in 1966

  • Author

Quentin Blake illustrates his first children's book for publication: A Drink of Water by John Yeoman.

  • Author

OH wait.... me Fizchick is pingin off the charts and I'm get the word from @WeegieWoman that I need to post an R for her... so, here goes:

 

Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones.... 

 

OH... yay.. woohoo.... wooopie... I got my S.... I got my S.... 

 

 

St Kilda FC 1966 Premiers of the VFL (what the AFL used to be before all those other clubs muscled in on our awesomeness).... the one, and only, premiership flag we have ever won..... still waiting... and just like slippy and his English world cup.. never seen it in my lifetime... but heartache of heartaches I've watched them loose the Grand fInal (superbowl for the yanks) 3 times (once the day of my 21st) and draw it once.... so much heartache... BUT I love me Saintas and wouldn't change 'em for nought....

 

(saddly @Sslip if there is a cosmic connection between my Saintas winning the Premiership and your England winning the World Cup this will not be the year... cos there is no way we making finals (play offs... again for the yanks).... 

Edited by notsmokinjo
way we not wee we

So many Ts, so little time. Okay so this one will probably be obvious to nobody but me, but it's one of my earliest music memories.

 

Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, I present

 

Tina Charles - Callin callin Dr Love

  • Author

(Ultimate 60s U that we never got the chance for.... Ursula Andreas or another miss from the 60s dedicated to @Wee fluffy me... The unicorn - The Irish Rovers)

 

Union Man - The Care Brothers (1976)

^^^ is that the one that goes you won't get me I'm part of a union? 

 

The Village People - come on everyone on the dance floor. YMCA. 

^^^luv luv luv that song.. actions are a must, haud me back....?

 

Oh man it's gotta be.......

 

Wuthering Hights - Kate Bush 

Edited by Wee fluffy me

I am rubbish with the Xs, so a recycled one that does fit

 

XTC - Making Plans For Nigel

 

(Isn't Nigel such an old name now? Does anyone know any young Nigels?)

Edited by Sslip

  • Author

^ Nope , no young nigels... youngest I know is a decade older than me...

9 hours ago, Sslip said:

^^^ is that the one that goes you won't get me I'm part of a union?

^^ That's the

 

Strawbs... (You Don't Get Me) "Part of the Union" ... its way better than Union Man by the Cate Brothers.... but I forgot about it... I remember the boys singing it when they were pissed... and for some reason I thought it was 60's...

 

 

OK...technically I can't claim that as a Y... even with my stretched sense of logic... but here goes...

 

Young & the Restless ... first went to air 1973

And going to nip in there quick before @notsmokinjomesses it up and claim.

 

ABBA

 

And their Eurovision performance in 1974. I wonder whatever happened to them?

 

 

Edited by Sslip

  • Author

^^ You just know I would never have posted that.

 

Bloody Sunday ...  When Irish protestors were shot in Bogside Northern Ireland by British Troops... Sunday 30 Jan 1972 ... this kicked off over 3 decades of what we know as the Troubles ... where over 3000 people died unnecessarily in Ireland and the UK.... despite my upbringing, I believe both sides were at fault, both sides share the blame, all these people died pointlessly... the hero of the day was Father Edward Daly... who went into the streets under fire to administer last rights, and protect a wounded teen by lying over him until he could be carried to safety and treatment he proceeded the blokes carrying the injured teen with his arms spread wide as if he could stop the bullets waving his blood soaked white hanky to try and protect them all.

Duddy.JPG

Edited by notsmokinjo

^^^ People have tendency to get on, nations don't necessarily = People smart, nations dumb.

 

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

 

 

  • Author

Switcheroo time... Is Dundee Slang Fest.

 

Hanga = hang-are (where the 'are' is long and drawn out)... A term used for a spectacular mark (catch) in Aussie rules footy, where the player leaps over his opposition and appears to hang in the air.

Edited by notsmokinjo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.