A-Z "Topic Of The Day"

notsmokinjo

spose it depends on context but its mild and can even be affectionate. What the kiwi film Boy and you will get it.

Grouse.... no not the bird,  really good/excellent ... it is regional to victoiria ie

Avya been to see Beautiful, its real grouse.

= Have you been to see Beautiful, it is really good.

Edited by notsmokinjo

Ooopps thanks Jo I didn't see yours either and I posted mine on last page..

22 minutes ago, Wee fluffy me said:

C'mon... before it's bed time .. 

@Sslippy, you got an E man....

impatient-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

Ooopps sorry slippy and thank you?

Okay then  I got away with calling lots of people Fud on Friday every time they said wabbit season..????

Fud = vagina but only when you're calling somebody it normally a male

Ooofft that guys a pure fud....

Ooopppss sorry I'm lost but it is used in many ways and laughing yes but only at you never with you as in if you call somebody a fanny now you ain't saying oh here I really like you.. or are you.....???

Edited by Wee fluffy me
  • Like 1

^^ Kip here means a short sleep or a nap, a kip is usually a bit longer than a nap..

Legit - (pronounced Ledge-it) ... meaning something is legitimate/truthful/honest, but seruiously legitimate has at least for syllables.. who's gunna say all that...  I'm being legit here, if I see @Sslip's arse posting in chicks n sticks in the nextr 48hrs his arse is grounded to frickin china and back for 1 frickin week... 

• Like 1

Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond.... Cos how can you not be happy and how can you not sing along... At the top of you voice driving on country roads with ya dad....and I think its the only dong beside footy songs I heard him sing.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 2

I warn you, I'm going to come up with some appalling songs here, but let's get this show on the road. 

Opus - Life is Life 

Just because of the energy and how can you argue with that? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

^^^ I'm surprised how different the music scene seems to be. Although sticking euro pop in there probably explains some of it. 

Que sera sera - Doris Day

For all sorts of reasons 

This has always been sung on the terraces at football for as long as I can remember. Used is adverts (hope it's chips, it's chips). Just about everyone here knows at least a little bit of it. It's a foreign saying we've adopted. It's great to belt out. It's a great philosophy. 

• Like 1

^^ Here too.... the kid made me sing this with her at karaoke.... that's my happy memory... for it.... or their is the Aussie version

Que sera - Justice Crew.... which isn't really old but the kid sang it at her primary school graduation... so it has happy feelings attached.

Honeysuckle Rose - Django Reinhardt .... I know there are no words but its a song... cos I say so... and its bouncy and happy and my first memory of jazz and jazz is awesome unless its jazz maths and then its bad.

• Haha 1

Treaty - Yothu Yindi .... Cos catch and well it meant shit.

(You'll Never Be An) Old Man River  - TISM ..... Cos Its Frucking TISM

The Race - Yello... because its fricking awesome and has car sounds!  (Nearly went with Oh, Yeah!.... but race car noises!!!!)

@Sslip .... better????

Edited by notsmokinjo
My first YY wasn't good enough.
  • Like 1