Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

robf

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by robf

  1. Your mum
  2. robf replied to Colleen's topic in Socializing
    Just google it! There's a million youtube videos etc that will explain it. vLookups are incredibly straight forward. But start with a blank sheet and make a simple example, the biggest mistake people make when doing this sort of thing is try and go straight in with the big spreadsheet. Then once you've done that and made a whole industry around flaky excel spreadsheets, go see a developer and get the solution provided on an appropriate platform.
  3. "bit off a nob"... The guy could have easily killed me if I hadn't have jammed on my brakes, the lorry was about a foot away from my right foot and shoulder and if I hadn't have slowed right down I would have gone under the wheels and likely be dead. I would suggest "bit off a nob" is an understatement to say the least. I don't understand the bloody cyclists commandment of drivers. I have (as a road user) have equal right to the carriageway, my journey to work is faster by bike than by car (and I take the same route), so I am not holding anyone up. Now, if there is a stretch of road where it is not safe to pass me, I will make sure cars do not pass me by cycling defensively, you may have to slow to my speed for that section of road, this is going to be no more than a couple of minutes, chill out, don't worry about it, if you're in that much of a rush you should have left earlier. That lorry had plenty of room to pass me safely, but he chose to not look in his inside mirror and see if he had passed me before moving in. This quite simply is dangerous driving. I film every trip I make on my bike for exactly these reasons. I've had lots and lots of times where people have cut me up and made me slow or change direction to avoid a collision. This generally is annoying, but nothing more than that. This case was properly dangerous. "Bloody Cyclists lol" Motorists who have no experience of cycling seem to think it is reasonable to pass a cyclist 2 feet away. It is not. I can't imagine anyone is generally happy with 2 tonnes (or more) of metal shooting past them at 30mph 2 feet away. Give space. Pass safely. If you can't fit, wait. It's very simple.
  4. Yep, and the police! I've had a lot of 'moments' on my bike, usually a bit close or turning in front of me, these are annoying, but this one was properly scary. Had to hit the brakes hard not to get squashed, I didn't really see the funny side to be honest.
  5. My cycle to work on Thursday contained a brown trousers moment... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgI4LrhDCWo
  6. robf replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    My Dad. When did you last give blood?
  7. robf replied to Tink's topic in Socializing
    Not so much a blonde moment but more a navigation issue... Driving from England to Spain... So popped through the Eurotunnel... All good... Started heading off. Should probably point out this was before we had sat navs! And heading in the direction we thought we should be going, all seemed well and having a jolly nice drive, then everything got urban... very quickly... this was unexpected... we quickly realised we had no idea where we were at all, my girlfriend was scrabbling around with maps trying to work out road names and points of interest to find out where we were, I was working out from the Sun which direction we were travelling in... and then we see the Arc de Triomphe ahead of us... We're in Paris... Ah... Bugger...
  8. Started typing responses on forum posts that frankly... were just unnecessary... So didn't hit the post button. Hate in when I'm in moods like this, just tired and spiky.
  9. robf replied to Petra's topic in Socializing
    My Boy, My Girlfriend, My Family, a roof over my head and food, my NAS drive full of photos and videos. Love what matters, anything you can buy, you can buy again if necessary.
  10. New chapter... All is well.
  11. robf replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    Only the hearts of many! ;) Have you ever had an internal organ removed?
  12. robf replied to Tink's topic in Socializing
    Soft Drink - Soda Football - soccer Rounders - Baseball
  13. robf replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    Loch Ness Monster with Mash. Or Bigfoot sandwich. If you could have a super power what would it be? (Flight, immortality, time travel and Invisibility aren't allowed)
  14. robf replied to Tink's topic in Socializing
    He's talking bollocks - He's lying That's bollocks - That's whack - That's not very good That's the bollocks - That's sick - That's extremely good Bollocks - Whoops [For the record bollocks isn't a swear word!]
  15. robf replied to Tink's topic in Socializing
    Addictive - Addicting
  16. robf replied to Tink's topic in Socializing
    Pavement - Sidewalk
  17. robf replied to Tink's topic in Socializing
    Fag - Cigarette Bum Bag - Fanny pack Boot - Trunk Bonnet - Hood Slip road - Turnpike Please accelerate - Hit the gas This is rather difficult - My ass is in a sling
  18. I quit on my 39th Birthday so I'd be a year long non smoker by 40. Still not smoking over a year later.
  19. robf replied to Colleen's topic in Socializing
    A word that rhymes with Ducking
  20. robf replied to MarylandQuitter's topic in Socializing
    How can anyone possibly know, it's pure speculation based on nothing It has no concept of down's syndrome, it's just a cute caring dog, you're reading way more into it than is there. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against dogs or cute videos of them, but dogs (and every other animal below us in the food chain) are stupid. Their behaviour is based on survival and domestic dogs (especially breeds eugenically derived) have found certain behaviours (being cute and loving and needy) are beneficial to survival. We humans react well to that and feed and love them back (generally, unless you're an arsehole). It's nothing more than that!
  21. robf replied to MarylandQuitter's topic in Socializing
    I don't really understand what is being demonstrated with this video. Equally you could have a dog mauling a child with the caption "god doesn't make mistakes" So sure, some dogs are soppy loved up beasties and others are crazy nutters. Cute video though.
  22. robf replied to NeedforSpeedHM's topic in Socializing
    I just have a fear of heights (which isn't actually vertigo) but I basically I get a feeling of dizziness, sometimes to the extent I feel I need to sit down and just readdress the world around me (which you might have seen me do a couple of times in that video).
  23. I'm sure they're lovely! Small boobs never look bad, big ones however can.
  24. Boobs generally.
  25. We all die. Might die tomorrow, maybe even in the next hour by some freak occurrence. You can't dwell on it. It'll drive you nuts. Regardless of who you may leave behind you just have to live your life as positive as possible and make positive differences to as many as possible. Now, I don't believe in any afterlife or deity so this is the only chance I've got, so do as much good as you can. Once I'm done I'd like my body to be harvested for anything useful, take my heart, kidneys, liver... lungs probably aren't so good... then pop me in a sack and plant a tree on me so by decaying remains can feed it. Seems pretty fair to me. I think people would miss me. I won't be looking down watching them from a cloud, but as long as they remember me for positive reasons I'll be alive in their memories, which, is about the best you ask for.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.