Everything posted by shy
-
SD2026 is 7 months smoke free!
Congratulations!
- Sunday 2nd August 2026
-
1 to 20,000 in pictures
- 1 to 20,000 in pictures
- 1 to 20,000 in pictures
- New and wondering how to quit with mental illness?
Your right @Doreensfree! I just have to take that leap and change. I want to cry already just thinking about it but I have to do this! I haven't had a cig since this morning and I'm going to keep pushing forward.- New and wondering how to quit with mental illness?
Well all that sobriety just blew up in my face. Been struggling the past week or so. I went back to drinking and smoking pot. Smh. But today is a new day and I will quit my addictions. I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired.- Sunday 28th June 2026
- Nicodemon's Lies? Lies & Truths
This was a very good read. Very informative thank you 🙂- 14 replies
-
- truths
- rationalization
- excuses
- lies
-
Tagged with:
- New and wondering how to quit with mental illness?
@DenaliBlues thank you for the advice. Your right when I think about never having a smoke again it feels so overwhelming I run to them every time. I will use your advice and try not to think of a future of never having them and think in the moment. I did quit once last year for 5 months on the gum then me and my sister got into a physical altercation and I broke down and smoked. Maybe I can combine the nicotine gum with the patch or just try the gum again.- 1 to 20,000 in pictures
- New and wondering how to quit with mental illness?
@SD2026 I'm doing okay. I keep having to change my quit date but I had a new shipment of patches come today so I have one on and going to keep moving forward. It's just been a stressful time around here but I'm learning to navigate it and looking up coping skills of how to deal with emotions. I started my finalquit today and I will not give up. I'm anxiously waiting to tell y'all when I have 24 hours smoke free! Thank you for checking on me 😊- 1 to 20,000 in pictures
- Thursday 4th June 2026
Nope. Not today!- New and wondering how to quit with mental illness?
I think that is one of my biggest goals with this is not smelling bad lol thank you. I still haven't been able to make it a whole 24 hours without a cigarette but I really believe I am close. I do so good throughout the day. It's early morning and late evening that get to me. Today is a new day though and I am doing this!- Gonso is 7 months smoke free!
Congratulations! 🎉- New and wondering how to quit with mental illness?
Thank you so much! It means a lot someone out there is truly going through the same situation! You got this!- New and wondering how to quit with mental illness?
Well I wanted to give an update. The patches really haven't been working so I am going to attempt cold turkey and see if that helps. I did quit last year for 5 months on the gum. But I keep reading cold turkey has the best chance of lasting. Plus I feel like if I just get the nicotine out as quick as possible it would help keep me off. Nicotine is out of your body in 3 days. In three days it is my nieces birthday so I will be nicotine free for the first time in her life. Once again thank y'all for the help and I'm going to keep going until I can finally quit.- SD2026 is 5 months smoke free!
Congratulations! 🎉- Monday 1st June 2026
Thank you ❤️- Monday 1st June 2026
It's been a struggle so far but June is going to be the month I claim smoke free! Nope on the first day and every day after!- 1 to 20,000 in pictures
- 1 to 20,000 in pictures
- Just can't seem to do it
@Cbdave I love this! Thank you so much for sharing that I will definitely have to try that. All of you give such great advice! I'm glad I came to this site! 😃 And your right I feel it's patience and I have been tested for a long time with patience and I believe it was for this very moment in my life. Thank you- Friday 29th May 2026
Gonna wake up and nope! - 1 to 20,000 in pictures
Important Information
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.