Everything posted by Ankush
-
back again
Welcome back @hellkatbaby, and all the best for your quit. Plenty of good advice given here already. Watch Joel's videos, they may help you.
-
What are things that help you stay a non smoker.
@Diane R Was going to suggest to avoid alcohol for the first two weeks. But you made it through a drinking session. Way to go!!! You're doing great
- richard is 2 Months Smoke Free Today!
-
What am I missing?
Hi @peeper and welcome aboard!!! A lot of good advice has been given here already. Bottom line is, it takes a commitment to oneself not to smoke. Talking to people on QuitTrain can be helpful. However, no matter what anyone says, and irrespective of the methods (books/videos/NRT...etc.) used to quit smoking, one has to make a commitment to oneself not to smoke. It takes courage as well. You may be scared as to not knowing how you will be to handle life as an ex-smoker. You may be scared to throw out all your smoking paraphernalia. You may be scared not knowing how you will carry out your day to day routine without smoking. Although easier said than done, take quitting smoking in your stride and work through it an hour and a day at a time. Keep yourself busy with activities. Drink plenty of juice and water during the first 3 days. Take the NOPE pledge on the forum, it helps. When I do get a crave, I admit to myself I need a smoke, but I also say to myself that I'm not going to submit to it. Personally, I never read any books w.r.t quitting smoking, I just watched Joel's videos and talked to people on QuitTrain. I also take the NOPE pledge everyday. I also stuck as many post-its I could that say "Never Take Another Puff" all over my room, and the post-its still remain to this day. Its like a reminder for the commitment I made to myself not to smoke. You can also watch Joel's videos on his YouTube channel, working through them a day at a time as organized in playlists. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/user/joelspitz Here's a video that may be of some help to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTb3d5cjSFI All the best!!!
- Sunday 21st July 2019
- Saturday 20th July 2019
-
freeatlast is 2 Months Smoke Free!
Congratulations on a 2 month quit @freeatlast!!!
-
DizzyD is 4 Months Quit!
Congratulations on a 4 month quit @DizzyD!!!
- Friday 19th July 2019
-
Please help
@Edy Try taking the NOPE pledge, that may help you further to take things a day at a time.
-
Brain Fog - The Eighth Level of Hell
@Eight-Toe Joe Good going (that you've kept away from smokes despite the fogginess)!!! Pirate those cigarettes out of your life for good, you are on your way to doing it successfully
- Thursday 18th July 2019
- Kdad is 10 Months Quit Today!
- TobacNo is 10 Months Smoke Free!
-
First Days
Congratulations on making it to Day 2 @Diane R!!! Keep marching on forward!!!
-
Brain Fog - The Eighth Level of Hell
You're welcome!!!
-
Brain Fog - The Eighth Level of Hell
Welcome aboard @Eight-Toe Joe!!! Sorry for the late welcome. Plenty of good advice and motivational things have already been said, including a lot of funny stuff. Stay close to the board, we are all rooting for you and hope your quit will be a successful one. Don't forget to take things a day at a time, the NOPE pledge will help with that. All the best!!!
-
Please help
Welcome aboard Edy!!! You can quit smoking whenever you want to, but keep in mind that the sooner you quit, the better. Write down your reasons for quitting and keep the list of reasons to remind yourself why you quit. Also, think about why you went back to smoking and learn from past mistakes, so that you don't go back to smoking again. Take the NOPE pledge a day at a time. Post an SOS when you need to and stay close to the board. Here's the thread on posting an SOS: https://www.quittrain.com/topic/8-posting-an-sos/ You will get plenty of good advice and motivation from the people on QuitTrain. All the best!!!
-
Wednesday 17th July 2019
Nope
-
Hi
Plenty of good advice and motivational words of wisdom given here already...here's hoping you will be able to sustain your quit. Don't forget to take the NOPE pledge, it helps
- Tuesday 16th July 2019
- Warbelian is 3 Months Smoke Free!
-
Ferimeth Is 3 Months Quit!
Congratulations on a 3 month quit!!!
- Monday 15th July 2019
- The Last Letter Game