Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bakon

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bakon

  1. I am glad I hate the smell. Made quit even easier.
  2. Two fails which I see as common are Drinking too early on a quit And thinking you can have just one.
  3. why the name calling, snarky and such? nobody is out to FEEL BETTER. I am not attacking your pink words, or even your ideas, so yours are different, doesn't make them any better.
  4. I can relate to all the above. hate smell and hated hiding it from people at times
  5. My two fails 1. Drinking and looked like I could handle a couple and stay quit. 10 years later I did. 2. Group of friends on vacation, knew I wanted to be COOL and hang with them when smoking. Looked like fun, cost 5 years smoking that time. Both on year long quits or more. What I learned, not then but now, how drinking and nicotine combine to form a more powerful addiction, one feeding the other. And alcohol removes nicotine at a fast rate from your blood, so you smoke more to make up for it.
  6. Not a book, no more than two. You can post more than once....but no long list that will bore the heck out of people. I don't care if your cat is the reason you stay quit or some catchy line...just give the group something to think about.... Post one or two things that help you stay quit or something that caused you to fail in the past, and why that wont happen again! Everyone needs to participate, old timers and people with two hours quit. I want to know how you did it or what people need to avoid. #1 I wanted to quit. Took a week to do it. But I wanted to. #2 Found a site and joined, learned NOPE. Just repeated it again and again first few days/weeks. (I'll do a fail later)
  7. bang your head all you want, call it snarkiness or rainbow fartiness, your two years make you what, the expert, please, I quit for multiple years, multiple times, simple fact, you got to want to quit. sure different approaches to everyone, but someone who is flundering and not making headway, possibly seeking attention, might need a kick in the pants
  8. bakon replied to Jenny's topic in Socializing
    I would love to drive a train. My wife thinks I got autism because I stop everything to watch a train. Went to BO railroad musuim in Baltimore while dating for romantic weekend. when I was kid I was Willie, old friends still call me it I love fishing my scheduale has no holidays but we do get paid extra lived in Germany three years, watched wall come down I was called "the shark" when I was Willie because I loved to swim under water. Think we are related?
  9. -9
  10. Julie got 1600 or so Nancy 800 me 700 ginger 1 million probably backwards ana 2 million jimmy, who cant figure out how to open a lap top got more than me. the little bus is full! my stuff needs more likes. the eggs over here are not holding up the bargain. I post funny, stupid stuff, you like it. That's the rule.
  11. bakon replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -6 ginger
  12. when do I get to look up that skirt?
  13. unicorns farting rainbows, everyone jump in the pool. the water is warm and ..... if it was easy, everyone would do it and this site would be a waste of time. but some work is required
  14. bakon post? what was so bad, I wish I didn't work, my friends are over rated, my wife is a handful and you smoke cuz you want to. I didn't tell you to go screw yourself or your obnoxious, you said it to me. don't worry, I have thick skin and those are not so bad. what I see from you is more excuses than a third grade class trying to get out of homework. you didn't invent misfortune and you aren't the only one here who has suffered, you also don't know our problems. all points are mute, don't matter your problems or ours.... if you smoke, you smoke. don't smoke and you quit. cant be any plainer or easier. blame anything you want, but every ex-smoker knows you have to want it first. want to quit more than want to smoke.
  15. what part says I have never encountered suffering? you don't own it. other here have gone through it too. wish you well, hope you pull it together and do quit. peace
  16. bakon replied to Gemzee's topic in Socializing
    What's home work. Cleaning bathroom ?
  17. Go Joe Pulling mustang out this week
  18. bakon replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -13
  19. bakon replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -12
  20. I wish my problem was I didn't work and had no friends close by. Work is major pain in the ass, 8 hours a day, 1/3 of my life (at least) Friends- over rated mouchers, needy things who want to dump more problems on top of what I already need to get done. True friends buy a beer when they see you and conversation never gets to the point of adding more shit to the pile. Be glad yours are limited. Boredom- I pray for boredom. Disabled- you get all the good parking spots. Live alone- Bible ever says something to the point of "better to live alone than with an angry wife" -Proverbs my wife is a BEAR latterly, sign me up for the one bedroom over a garage apartment-PLEEEEAAAASE. Triggers- relapse- power- all nice words. Not real objects that can be touched. Easy to blame. Reason you smoke- you want to. Way to quit- Don't want to anymore. Sorry if blunt, but you sit on the teetering point for months now. Pull the trigger, get off the horse, start the engine, do something.
  21. Smokers look silly now. Getting the fix
  22. bakon replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -6
  23. Hello. What side of road do you drive on? Do you have a cat?
  24. Hey watch you don't spend too much time here now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.