Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nancy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nancy

  1. Welcome, Funky Monkey!! I'm pretty sure the gum will come with detailed instructions, but I agree it might be helpful to check with your doctor or pharmacist. The most important ingredient is determination. You have to decide that there is absolutely no circumstance in which it is okay to stick something in your mouth and set it on fire. You can rant, rave, cry, scream, run until you can't run anymore, take 10 showers a day (you can't smoke in the shower) or whatever else it takes to not smoke. You can do this!!
  2. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -6
  3. The first time I had pizza after I quit, I loaded it up with the crushed red pepper like always, and my mouth exploded!! Also reduced salt and pepper on everything by at least 50%.
  4. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  5. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  6. Congratulations, Paul! You have been 9 years quit, and 9 years of supporting and encouraging others trying to do the same. Well done!!!
  7. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2
  8. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -1
  9. I know there are many similar topics on the forum, but I was just thinking... I am planning on going to see the new Elvis movie tomorrow which is 2 hours and 39 minutes long...and I will not have to miss a lot to go out and smoke! What do you enjoy?
  10. Love it! Thank you, Boo!!
  11. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    0
  12. Thank you so much, everyone. When I started this journey 9 years ago, I was only hoping to quit smoking. Thanks to the support I received on a prior board, and then on this one, I received the encouragement to keep my quit. We have lost loved ones to this addiction along the way, and it still saddens me. What I never suspected 9 years ago is that I would end up with lifelong friends from all over the world. I treasure all of you. Special thanks and much love to Doreen, who has been my companion and friend throughout this journey. Next month we celebrate you, dear friend, and the it is on to double digit quits!!
  13. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  14. So deeply sorry for your loss. Prayers for peace and comfort for you and all his loved ones.
  15. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    5
  16. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2
  17. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  18. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  19. Not a chance! NOPE!
  20. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -20...sorry to step in at the last minute!!
  21. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -19
  22. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -13
  23. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -12
  24. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -9
  25. Nancy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.